Disabling sensors vs hiding

Fr0stX76

Hi, I just found out that hiding (shift-del) sensors does not seem to fully disable them.

I found out about this because I'm having weird Vsync/frametime/stutter issues with any GPU monitoring on, which gets resolved by disabling any monitoring on my GPU (Nvidia bug). During my testing, I ended up re-enabling the monitoring on them, then simply hided them without disabling them before. Funny enough the issue persisted,, so I made them show again, then disabled their monitoring. Only then did I hided them and voila, issue gone.

With that in mind, I disabled monitoring to all I don't need (over 200, not just the GPU ones) before hiding them again, and my CPU usage dropped from 1.1% to 0.3% (on average) by doing this.

So, is it expected that sensor stay active if only hidden? I would have thought they would be disable completely at the same time. I did a search on the forum about this but could not find a definitive answer.

Last edited:
No, such behavior wasn't expected. I think I found the bug and it shall be fixed in the next build.

Back