GPU Memory Clock Issue

cpurpe91

So I had an issue before with MSI afterburner causing HWinfo64 to report the wrong GPU fan RPM. I easily remedied this by no longer using MSI Afterburner. Now I am seeing my GPU Memory Clock reading upward of 3,000 Mhz in HWinfo64. I have not played any games since I turned on the PC 3 hours ago. I am running my card at stock with the one thing I did change being the fan control being set to advanced and I turned off ZeroRPM mode. I just noticed the problem in the last 20 minutes. I have browsed the web looking for deals on PC hardware and replying to forum threads but nothing more than that. I am unsure as to what caused this and am curious to see what you all might think as this seems to be serious. Please help. It is a Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC. I am also not sure what good readings for this card look like so if anything looks out of the ordinary please tell me.

Attachments

• MemoryIssue.png
    MemoryIssue.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I am unsure if this is a bug or if my GPU memory clock sensor is dying. Time Spy reports normal. HWinfo reports crazy memory clock speeds.
MemoryIssue2.png

Reporting of wrong GPU Memory Clock is a bug in AMD Radeon drivers. It has been acknowledged by AMD, it's also documented in driver release notes for several months and has been discussed on this forum several times as well.

Reporting of wrong GPU Memory Clock is a bug in AMD Radeon drivers. It has been acknowledged by AMD, it's also documented in driver release notes for several months and has been discussed on this forum several times as well.
I must have missed it when I searched it. Thank you for the help. I was concerned my card was frying its self.

Back