GPU VRM Voltage Values seem wrong

Pjaze

Hey,

I was having problems with my computer crashing in games, I ran HWinfo and found my GPU VRM Voltage In (VIN/12+) to be dropping to 11.574 - I thought this was a little low and figured maybe my gfx was at the end of its life. I ended up testing with multi meter, both under load and no load and was getting solid 12.02V readings.

I eventually figured out I had a faulty ram stick, once replaced computer is running fine, but I still get low voltage readings on hwinfo so thought i'd submit a bug report for you.

.dbg and log file attached.

Thanks,

Attachments

• debug.CSV
    45 KB · Views: 2
  • debug.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for your report. Those values are read from the VRM monitoring circuit and completely depend on it.
If you're seeing such a difference then it means it's not accurate enough. I'm afraid there's no better way how to monitor such voltages in software.

Martin said:
Thanks for your report. Those values are read from the VRM monitoring circuit and completely depend on it.
If you're seeing such a difference then it means it's not accurate enough. I'm afraid there's no better way how to monitor such voltages in software.

Fair enough, thought it was worth reporting it just in case.

Cheers,

Back