Hangs at analyzing devices

This is with 7.68.5300.0. It worked before but recently it just starting hanging at startup. I enabled the startup window + and debug mode and I can see that it hangs at Analyzing Devices. This even happens when I delete the .INI to have a fresh start. The only workaround at the moment is to use sensors-only mode.

Attached is a DBG file where I manually killed the .exe after waiting for ~ 5 minutes.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 1
I can see that the enumeration of devices in Device Manager takes very long time here.
This can usually happen when there's a driver update or Windows Update in progress.
Try to wait a bit more and/or restart the system and then start again.

I did windows update and checked device manager for any errors. I also rebooted multiple times. Still takes long to start. It turns out if I wait longer, it will eventually start. Attached new DBG + Report.

Attachments

• FROST-PC.HTM
    270.5 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.zip
    232.4 KB · Views: 1
Something weird must be going on there as the delays happen in standard queries similar to Device Manager.
I can see that in the second dump the delays went down from first one by approx a factor of 3 but it still takes too long.

Back