Help with sensor log

kampela

Hey. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. For a few months now my PC has randomly shut down, mostly while playing a game. A different game each time. The Longest Journey, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Prey, ClickRaid and now twice on Dying Light. I think one time it shut down when I wasn't doing anything. After it shuts down, I can hear this clicking sound inside the PC and the GPU (1080) led is flashing red. Then it sounds like fans are trying to start but instantly fail or something. Sometimes the PC restarts by itself real soon, other times there's like at least 20 clicks/led flashes before it does that. No diagnostic tool I've tried has told me there is anything wrong with anything. That said, I cannot read any logs because I don't understand about such things.

Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition
Corsair 860W AX860i, ATX2.31 80+
Noctua NH-D15
G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16
Asus PRIME Z270-A
Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700K

Attachments

• kana.CSV
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
I'm sorry, but I don't think that such analysis will help to determine this problem.
As a general rule I'd suggest to upgrade all software, drivers and BIOS to latest versions. That hay help in several cases.

This log is useless since I don't know what conditions it was ran under, and the polling rate is too high. 250-500ms is generally better.

You can try this if you want:

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Fully-Automated-Hwinfo-Logging-Stress-Testing-Script-Uploader

Optionally you can just do it yourself manually, all it is is packed with gputest and prime95, with hwinfo as the logging program set to 250ms polling frequency. Prime95/gputest must be run at the same time for an accurate log.

Hi kampela,

I think your RAM Voltage is too low, your voltage average is 1.178 V:

[attachment=2568]

RAM at this speed needs typically 1.35 V:

[attachment=2569]

You can configure this in the BIOS !
Best way is to use the Intel XMP 2.0 Profile, see Intel Link

"You can load predefined and tested Intel® XMP profiles through your computer’s operating system, using BIOS or a specific tuning application."

Regards
Tom

Attachments

• Voltage.jpg
    Voltage.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 5
  • RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5
Back