HWiNFO Listing Core Clocks for Cores #0 through #6 for an i9-7940X

hwiuser

Hi all.  I'm new to the forum, so please let me know if I'm violating any rules of etiquette. 

As the thread title says, HWiNFO64 is only listing core clock frequencies for 7 of my 14 cores on an i9-7940X cpu.  All 14 cores show up everyplace else in HWiNFO64 (including the VID listings just above the core clock listings), and in the OS (e.g. Resource Monitor).  But for some reason, for core clocks, only cores #0 through #6 are showing up.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the core clock values are listed as zero.  The other 7 cores are simply not listed in that one section of the sensor status display.  

I am not overclocked at the moment.  

Any thoughts?  Is this a known issue?  

Thanks.

As first please try to Reset Preferences from main HWiNFO settings if that might solve the issue.
If not, I will need the HWiNFO Debug File to analyze this problem in more detail.

Martin said:
As first please try to Reset Preferences from main HWiNFO settings if that might solve the issue.
If not, I will need the HWiNFO Debug File to analyze this problem in more detail.

Martin,

I reset the preferences and that appears to have fixed it.  I should also point out that, in resetting the preferences, HWiNFO64 also warned about using the ASUS EC sensor(s) and the Corsair H150i Pro sensors.  I had previously disabled those.  But this time, I enabled them.  

I shouldn't have done all 3 things at the same time, as I now can't know for sure which of the 3 things might have corrected the core clock listings.  If you think it's helpful to you, I can go back and reset, and then disable the 2 sensors in question.  

In any event, it's working now.  

Thanks so much, both for the fix and for the wonderful app you've written.  

Andy

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure it was reset of preferences that did the trick. You probably kept HWiNFO settings from a previous system (or you upgraded the CPU).

Back