HWiNFO Not Responding at Checking Intel Man...

Lionelidas

The program stop at Checking Intel Management Engine and after a few sec the Not Responding pop out.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    104.2 KB · Views: 4
Please try to upgrade the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" driver or the BIOS if that helps.

Martin said:
Please try to upgrade the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" driver or the BIOS if that helps.

I have exactly the same problem. I have updated the bios, but my DX79SI does not seem to support Intel Management Engine Interface, as this option did not exist in the bios settings.
Can I make HWiNFO to continue without using the intel management interface?

Thanks for advance.

I'm also having the same problem.

Windows says my "Intel(R) Engine Management Interface" is the latest version.

I've just updated my BIOS to the latest version. Still get the same error.

Any idea what can be wrong? I've attached my DBG file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    173.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm afraid, there's currently no option available to disable this function. Currently disabling the Intel Management Engine driver in Device Manager should allow HWiNFO to get thru.
Anyway, it seems this is a serious issue, so I have to check this in more detail.
Can you please try to install the latest Management Engine driver from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=management engine driver
and let me know if that helped.

Hi Martin, having the same problem and I downloaded Intel Management Engine driver and said my system doesn't meet the requirements.
Didn't understand that, I have HM55 intel chipset on board, but ok.

I'll add an option into HWiNFO to disable "Intel ME Support" in the next Beta build to be released soon.

Martin said:
I'm afraid, there's currently no option available to disable this function. Currently disabling the Intel Management Engine driver in Device Manager should allow HWiNFO to get thru.
Anyway, it seems this is a serious issue, so I have to check this in more detail.
Can you please try to install the latest Management Engine driver from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=management engine driver
and let me know if that helped.

I tried downloading and installing the latest Management Engine driver compatible with my board, DX78SI, but I had the same problem.
I thought why does intel site list the Management Engine driver for DX78SI while DX78SI does not seem to support the technology.
I think this is why a lot of people get the error.
So, when I had a clean windows installation, I did not install the Management Engine driver and HWiNOF worked brilliantly.

Thank you.

Indeed the whole thing is a bit strange. HWiNFO just tries to connect to the Management Engine and that's where it hangs...
I added the new option "Intel ME Support" in new Beta (v4.27-2025). Disabling that should no longer freeze.

The Intel Management Engine (IME) software has evolved over the years, from the Intel AMT software (remote PC management in enterprise environments) to the latest versions that include an IME firmware component that is part of the BIOS (like an option ROM.)

All Intel chipset boards from the 6 series chipsets to the current 8 series use increasingly complex IME "components" as they are called. There are no BIOS options for IME, so it cannot be enabled or disabled. X79 boards certainly have an IME software download and can use it, which is much simpler than that used on other Intel 7 and 8 series chipset boards.

HWiNFO has been running for years with IME installed on countless mother boards, and I have used it on Intel P67, Z77, and Z87 chipset boards, without any issues caused by their interaction. The main system information display of HWiNFO has an entry for IME information, with more entries than will fit on your monitor's screen, including the IME current working state and operation mode.

IMO, problems that HWiNFO might have with IME are hints that something is wrong with the IME software installation on a PC.

Back