Hwinfo sometimes not starting with windows

Recently I noticed that hwinfo doesn't open when I log on and I tried a couple of fixes that I saw on other threads.
- Tried to uncheck the box with auto start, press ok and then recheck it.
- I created a new basic task but didn't worked either.
- I reseted my preferances
Note: sometimes the app opens up after 20-30 seconds and only when I restart my computer, If it s a normal boot up it doesn't work. (Idk if it s a coincidence or not but it might be useful. Also the automatic shortcut that the app created in programdata>microsoft>windows>startmenu>programs sometimes doesn't work at all.

Automatic start of HWiNFO is done via Windows Task Scheduler.
So I recommend to set Auto Start in HWiNFO, click OK and then check the HWiNFO task in Task Scheduler. From there you can also verify the task by starting it manually.

Already tried that and it works if I run it manually but with boot up and log into windows it doesn't. Here are my apps that start with windows.

Attachments

• image_2023-02-21_164711202.png
    image_2023-02-21_164711202.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
I tried adding a 30 seconds delay in Task Scheduler but it doesn't work. Also acording to the Task Scheduler the program is running

Attachments

• image_2023-02-21_171420384.png
    image_2023-02-21_171420384.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 11
Then some other program might be blocking or delaying HWiNFO from start (e.g. MSI Center).
You might also try to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO and after it's automatically started but not visible, try to kill the task and attach the HWiNFO Debug File here.

So I m trying to replicate the issue but it's not consistent. Basically I have 2 cases:
1. The program opens after like 1 minute with auto start (which seems strange because in the past it was almost instant when I opened the pc)
2. The program doesn't open at windows boot and I can't open the program at all unless I restart my computer. (That's why I can't send the debug file after the problem).
I also noticed that running the exe file opens the program, but I can only see it in task manager. I don't have the icon tray and I can't access the program. I will attach a debug file but I don't think it was made after the problem.

Please compress the Debug File using something (ZIP, RAR, 7z) before attaching.

Seems like unistalling MSI center fixed the problems. What a bad piece of software, it wasn't even enabled to boot up with the pc but still caused issues with hwinfo. Thank you for your response and have a nice day!

My Hwinfo64.exe starts up to a small box that requires me to click the start button. It use to be all automatically starts up, what has changed or what am I doing wrong. Its in the task manager as a startup and also checked box startup on windows startup.

My Hwinfo64.exe starts up to a small box that requires me to click the start button. It use to be all automatically starts up, what has changed or what am I doing wrong. Its in the task manager as a startup and also checked box startup on windows startup.

Disable the "Show Welcome Screen and Progress" option in main settings of HWiNFO.

That is simple except I can't find the settings. I have main program and at the bottom is config. In the config, its sensors, I don't find it.

Back