HWiNFO v6.29-4230 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v6.29-4230 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added monitoring of SA, RoC, PCH and EDRAM power estimations on Intel Skylake and later CPUs.
  • Added ability to choose font type for tray icons.
  • Added option to show all fans including not spinning ones.
  • Improved support of VIA CNS.
  • Improved support of Intel Lakefield.
  • Improved support of several next-generation AMD CPUs, APUs and GPUs.
  • Added recognition of AMD A520 chipset.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on Intel Islay Canyon.
  • Added reporting of some missing extended CPU feature flags.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock A520 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI A520 series.
  • Improved support of legacy Trident graphics cards.
  • Added Dark Mode support. Requires Windows 10 Dark Mode for apps enabled.

A note regarding an important new feature introduced here: Dark Mode.
As noted above, this feature requires the Windows 10 Dark Mode for apps enabled.
This is an early Beta preview of this feature, which required a lot of effort to get into such shape. For UWP applications Dark Mode is not an issue, but for native ones it's a big pain which requires rewriting almost all controls and their methods.
Some features might not be working well yet and some controls will probably require further adjusting, so please report any issues observed. Also note that dynamic switching of Dark Mode (on/off) is currently not working, so changing the setting in Windows will require a restart of HWiNFO to take the changes into effect.

1597239794284.png 1597239899948.png

Last edited:
Thanks for putting all the effort in the dark mode. I have some feedback:
1. Ability to enable or disable it
2. The white lines and boxes around every item is distracting and makes it hard to read the values. I would loose them. Alternate row shading should be sufficient.
cheers

Thanks for putting all the effort in the dark mode. I have some feedback:
1. Ability to enable or disable it
2. The white lines and boxes around every item is distracting and makes it hard to read the values. I would loose them. Alternate row shading should be sufficient.
cheers

Which exact white lines do you mean, those in the Summary Screen or in Sensors around each cell?

That looks great! Thanks for all of the hard work, I know the dark mode must be a real pain -I used to develop software at many levels, thankfully on Linux and not windows :D . This is the most useful utility I must say!

Here is a before and after screenshots.
Dont mind the colors, I will adjust them (make them lighter) to be visible
But look at the top line (Sensor, Cur, Min, Max, Avg) of the next tables...

Thank you very much for the DarkMode and yes keep the white grid lines off

Untitled01.png

Untitled02.png

Not sure if I am missing a "keep on top" setting, but the Main panel remains subservient to the Sensor panel even when in focus.

focus.jpg

Here is a before and after screenshots.
Dont mind the colors, I will adjust them (make them lighter) to be visible
But look at the top line (Sensor, Cur, Min, Max, Avg) of the next tables...

Thank you very much for the DarkMode and yes keep the white grid lines off

View attachment 4980

View attachment 4981

Yes, I'm aware of the issue with table header and working on it right now. But the Windows GUI is a hell if one wants to customize it...
EDIT: Seems I could solve it :) Even though I don't like how it's done, it seems to work..

Last edited:
Hi Martin,
I am noticing black blocks on sensors when sensors refreshing

Attachments

• 2020.08.13-22.52.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Big thanks! I wait then MemTest86 ended for build new mashing and use HWiNFO for it. But QIYDA X79 P3 green X79 (chipset C602J - PCH is BD82C602J).Mainboard ver 1.0, have problem - BIOS show CPU temperature as +7 - +8 C only :) then I use Xeon E5-2667 @ 2,9 GHz and 4 x 4 Gb REG ECC DDR3-1600 @ 1867 MHz (experimental) - is BIOS programmer's error. :)

Last edited:
Back