HWiNFO v6.29-4235 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v6.29-4235 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added monitoring of SA, RoC, PCH and EDRAM power estimations on Intel Skylake and later CPUs.
  • Added ability to choose font type for tray icons.
  • Added option to show all fans including not spinning ones.
  • Improved support of VIA CNS.
  • Improved support of Intel Lakefield.
  • Improved support of several next-generation AMD CPUs, APUs and GPUs.
  • Added recognition of AMD A520 chipset.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on Intel Islay Canyon.
  • Added reporting of some missing extended CPU feature flags.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock A520 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI A520 series.
  • Improved support of legacy Trident graphics cards.
  • Added Dark Mode support. Requires Windows 10 Dark Mode for apps enabled.
  • Enhanced NVIDIA Ampere support.
  • Improved reporting of GPU PCIe current link speed.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE A520 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS A520 series.

Martin

Big thanks! The new version easily coped with the Chinese iron - last week (the 13th is an unlucky number :) the QIYIDA X79 P3 v1.0 board arrived with traditional flaws - a simplified connection of the monitoring chip (probably a simple resistor was soldered instead of a thermistor :), shutdown errors - for now the POWER button is pressed, the board is constantly restarted, there is no Advanced module in UEFI - voltage monitoring and setting-viewing of memory timings are not available. It looks like Jugsha X79 P3 v1.0 green, only there are fewer USB ports and the C602J chipset (PCH Intel BD82C602J) plus under the PCH heatsink there was a too thin thermal pad and it didn't press well against the chip - we had to put thermal paste under it. So the board itself is decent, there is even a Post Codes indicator, only the BIOS needs to be modified with a file :), well, in some places, but in little detail. Among the shortcomings - the thin wall of the USB 3.0 cup on the board - the connectors often fall out, except to glue them, large CPU coolers (for example SnowMan M-T4) will lock the PCIe x4 slot and access to the M.2 NVME - you will have to use tweezers or a surgical clip put. And so it is stable in operation, easily configurable, any DDR-3 memory is suitable (the developers tested up to 128 GB, how much the processor will see), four-channel RAM mode (select in the Independent settings) - it will be suitable as a basis for a workstation or group server in and will save a lot of time, and most importantly nerves spent in proving a warranty case. :) But, I do not recommend putting a CPU with a TDP of more than 130 - 135 W on it - the VRM may overheat. the Chinese sometimes put high-resistance mosfets in its circuit. The board can come with any chipset that the factory had in stock - the desktop X79 Express or the server C602, C602J. For Xeon CPUs it is better to take a server chipset. schematically, it is coordinated with it, for example, for the same VT-d, the necessary support is needed both in the CPU and at the chipset and OS level - and if at least something is not there, then VT-d will not be included. At least Intel describes it this way in the documentation.
My screenshots:

Attachments

• compile.png
    compile.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 8
  • HWinFO64.png
    HWinFO64.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
The improvements made to Dark Mode are excellent, my only observation/nitpick would be that the indicated outlines in my screenshot are much brighter and stand out compared to the rest of the interface's outlines, perhaps they could be toned down if possible of course. Thanks for your excellent work.

1597786927595.png

The improvements made to Dark Mode are excellent, my only observation/nitpick would be that the indicated outlines in my screenshot are much brighter and stand out compared to the rest of the interface's outlines, perhaps they could be toned down if possible of course. Thanks for your excellent work.

View attachment 5027

Yes, this is one of the things that caught my eye too, but not so easy to achieve what I'd like to...
Let me see what I can do about this...

Last edited:
For me, a white background is more convenient - black and red text is immediately visible when you work with devices or read records of control schemes. Usually there is no time to peer at the text and read numbers with dozens of signs on the scale, you just read the readings "on the fly" and at the same time control a dozen more devices, and therefore you comprehend what you saw and evaluate the admissibility of the values seen on "What to fix?" For as my boss used to say in his youth, "If your legs stick out of the cupboards, I'll kick all your brothers to hell, if everything works, and you sunbathe with the girls on the beach, I'll pay a bonus!"

Thanks for your work on the dark mode. Here are a few issues that caught my eye:

The contrast of the version number text for "New Version" is poor in the update dialog. The "Your Version" and version number text is blurry.
update.png

Disabled checkboxes with text labels have blurry text in many of the option panels. It is also hard to visually tell if a form field is disabled in dark mode.
blurry.png

Hi Martin,
I think Main Windows needs the menus to be darken also like this app

Attachments

• Screenshot (81).png
    Screenshot (81).png
    106.7 KB · Views: 18
Hi Martin,
I think Main Windows needs the menus to be darken also like this app

I'm aware of this. It's the Menu Bar that requires a dark theme, the menu itself works. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this, but haven't been able to solve it yet. This kind of application doesn't seem to allow adjusting the color of menu bar other than completely owner-drawing the entire control.
I will have a look at the disabled items.

Back