HWiNFO v7.03-4450 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.03-4450 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added Automatic Update capability [Pro only].
  • Fixed automatic creating of report files when Sensor-only mode is enabled.
  • Fixed some minor GUI glitches in sensor list.
  • Added monitoring of Memory Controller Gear Mode for Intel Ice Lake and later CPUs.
  • Improved support of Ice Lake-SP.
  • Added support of Intel VROC RAID drives.
  • Added monitoring of Noise sensor on GIGABYTE Z590 series.

Currently the most important planned features have been implemented (especially Automatic Updates, that is in Beta test now).
In the near future there will be a lot of work required on the hardware support side - hybrid CPUs, DDR5, new GPUs and some other components and technologies that I can't disclose now.
There are plans for some bigger features, but currently I'm not sure how that will progress, so it's too early to talk about this.

Aware of any smart status readout issues with latest amd raid drivers currently ? i know this seems to effect most apps not sure if hwinfo64 has fix yet for it.

AMD RAID drivers are a pain, I'm not sure what exactly the issue is now and whether this can be fixed. Can you provide more details (DBG file) ?

AMD RAID drivers are a pain, I'm not sure what exactly the issue is now and whether this can be fixed. Can you provide more details (DBG file) ?
Currently just downgraded my drivers and it runs fine, altho in ideal world i would not have to i just know the only program that has readout atm is hdd sentinel, while crystaldiskinfo or hwinfo64 have no readout, if you tell me how to provide file i update and look into it.
decided to just upgrade back raid drivers see if i can just reproduce it may need a couple of restarts to trigger it first.
Triggered bug after reboot no smart status read out either in this beta.

Last edited:
You need to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO, then run thru and close it to grab the HWiNFO64.DBG file.
Best would be if you could provide DBG files from both drivers - when SMART is shown and when not, so I can see what's the difference.

You need to enable Debug Mode in HWiNFO, then run thru and close it to grab the HWiNFO64.DBG file.
Best would be if you could provide DBG files from both drivers - when SMART is shown and when not, so I can see what's the difference.

I can do that, does it matter if i use latest beta or the old vision 6.42 ? or current latest build ?

Installed latest non beta already got 1 dbg file, working on the next one.
Noticed that when hwinfo64 startsup my g.skill rgb memory spasm out for a second i know asus has awfull rgb software but you think it could be the cause of random flashes of colors to appear on my sticks to, im gonna test later if thats the case never had that before with corsair, altho if been having rgb dropouts before where it would just randomly glitch out

debug files https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwU1kBAk92DhfFxzFsr5jaYBh0HAg?e=tXe20A
Hope i let it run long enough if not i provide new files if neccesary.

Last edited:
It would be best if you could use the latest version.

I used the last non beta bassicly anyway on 6.42 and latest non beta both did not read out temps of my drives with latest amd raid drivers, then if i rolled back driver it still did not do it, untill i uninstalled latest raid driver then it re appeared not sure why tho, so first one i did is in its broken state then in its working state, managed to fix my rgb memory spassing out when opening hwinfo64 or other tools that read hardware related stuff, now it just pauses the rgb effect, doubt hwinfo64 is causing my sticks to spew out random color flash but that is totally other non related issue.

Thanks. I can see now what the issue is.
There's an industry-wide standard to communicate with RAID drives, many vendors support it. For example Intel (relatively well), AMD did as well (although rather limited and poor, but at least it worked with some workarounds). But what I see in the dump you provided with latest driver is that AMD completely removed support of this standard.
I'm afraid I don't have a solution for this.

That is the thing hdd sentinel reads out smart status just fine, not sure if there other methods it can be read out, or perhaps the driver just reports it not being supported, while it is supported.

Back