HWiNFO v7.47-5135 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.47-5135 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added AMD Radeon RX 7600.
  • Added NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 and 4060 Ti 8GB.
  • Fixed Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 DIMM RGB color issue.
  • Added monitoring of DDR5 PMIC Over and Under Voltage.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI B450M-A PRO MAX II.
  • Added license management and import options.
  • Added AMD Radeon PRO W7800 and W7900.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE X670E and B650E series.
  • NVMe drives are now polled per global period, not S.M.A.R.T. period.
  • Added new Intel branding badges.

Hi Martin. I just noticed a change. Not sure if it came with this version or not. I used to set my memory clock to multiple x2 to show the effective DDR5 quad channel clock. I run my memory at 8000 or 8200, depending on the BIOS profile I choose. HWiNFO by default showed 4000 or 4100 by default before and now I have to choose x4 to show the effective clock. The default memory clock shown is one quarter of the effective clock. Is this a bug or an intentional change?

Hi Martin. I just noticed a change. Not sure if it came with this version or not. I used to set my memory clock to multiple x2 to show the effective DDR5 quad channel clock. I run my memory at 8000 or 8200, depending on the BIOS profile I choose. HWiNFO by default showed 4000 or 4100 by default before and now I have to choose x4 to show the effective clock. The default memory clock shown is one quarter of the effective clock. Is this a bug or an intentional change?

What CPU is that? Could it be because of Gear mode?

13900KS on one system and 13900K on the other. Both have always run in Gear 2 (default), but I just noticed this change in HWiNFO64. Nothing changed with the system configuration or BIOS settings, only noticed it after the update to this latest version. It's like the software is reporting half the DDR5 speed than what it used to report, thus I have to multiply x4 to show effective clock versus x2.

I hope as I am explaining this it makes sense. If it would be helpful for me to downgrade to an older version for a screenshot of how it was previously correct, but now off by 50% on the memory clock I can do that. Other utilities such as AIDA64 and CPU-Z still report the correct values, only HWiNFO64 changed.

Last edited:
13900KS on one system and 13900K on the other. Both have always run in Gear 2 (default), but I just noticed this change in HWiNFO64. Nothing changed with the system configuration or BIOS settings, only noticed it after the update to his version. It's like the software is reporting half the DDR5 speed than what it used to report, thus I have to multiply x4 to show effective clock versus x2.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
Debug file is attached. Here is a screenshot showing what I have to do to show the effective clock. If I leave it at the default x1 then is shows the wrong value (25% versus 50% of effective clock)
1687035385545.png
Set to the default of x1 it shows 2050 instead of 4100...
1687035584255.png

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    844.7 KB · Views: 1
And, to confirm, it is the current beta. I went back to the 7.46-5110 and the memory clocks are reported correctly.
1687036103353.png

Problem is that the above Beta build reports Gear 1 mode which halves the DDR clock.
OK, I found the bug and it will be fixed in the next build.

Back