HWiNFO v7.73-5375 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO v7.73-5375 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added fully integrated OSD.
  • Windows XP support dropped in HWiNFO64.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS NUC series.
  • Improved health monitoring of some NVMe drives connected via Intel RST.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PRO WIFI.
  • Revamped Auto Start mechanism to better reflect actual state.
  • Fixed automatic startup (via a launcher) due to new requirements for OSD.
  • Fixed some bugs in OSD configuration.

For more information about the new OSD see:

The OSD appears to struggle with games using Vulkan. Tried Baldur's Gate 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Satisfactory, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and tried a few DirectX9-11 games with DXVK, none of them worked properly. The overlay would render in the background, and I could see it when I tabbed out, but never in-game. Exclusive fullscreen/borderless window made no difference.

Just in case it helps: Windows 11 Pro N (23H2, build 22631.3155) & HWiNFO v7.73-5375 Beta.

The OSD appears to struggle with games using Vulkan. Tried Baldur's Gate 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Satisfactory, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and tried a few DirectX9-11 games with DXVK, none of them worked properly. The overlay would render in the background, and I could see it when I tabbed out, but never in-game. Exclusive fullscreen/borderless window made no difference.

Just in case it helps: Windows 11 Pro N (23H2, build 22631.3155) & HWiNFO v7.73-5375 Beta.

Have you run HWiNFO64 from a secure folder? Such behavior is typical if not done so.

Have you run HWiNFO64 from a secure folder? Such behavior is typical if not done so.
Yes, assuming "Program Files" counts as one. I reset all the settings and whatnot too, it keeps rendering in the background. Works fine with DirectX games.

EDIT: the only OpenGL(?) game I could think of in short notice, Starsector, has the same problem as all the Vulkan games.

EDIT #2: tried with Mindustry (OpenGL) too, it displayed the OSD for the initial loading screen, and then it disappeared when main menu loaded. Also, Starsector displayed it in the launcher, but it disappeared when the game started.

Last edited:
Is HWiNFO showing the warning about secure folder requirement?
Is it also showing being targeted to the right process?

Is HWiNFO showing the warning about secure folder requirement?
Is it also showing being targeted to the right process?
No warnings and yes, it's targeting the right process.

Here's a video:

Couple of notes:
  1. Had to pause the recording for a second each time when I started the game, or the HWiNFO OSD would bug out/not load.
  2. The first launch with Vulkan only has that black screen with sound on the recording, not in real life. Also, the OSD disappears when the recording goes black.

I can see the warning shown at the bottom of HWiNFO window which means HWiNFO wasn't run from a secure folder.
It's not shown when this requirement is met.

I can see the warning shown at the bottom of HWiNFO window which means HWiNFO wasn't run from a secure folder.
It's not shown when this requirement is met.
Oh, I went back to my original setup after I tried the default settings/Program Files setup, and it functioned the same way.

Anyway, here's a video with HWiNFO in the Program Files folder and default settings:

EDIT: once again, the black screens only appear on the recording. The ones after the first one are because of ALT+Tabbing. OBS takes a moment to catch up.

I'm testing some Vulkan apps and can see some issues there as well. But only when HWiNFO is minimized. Not sure how to fix this yet tho...
Does Intel PresentMon show the same behavior?

I'm testing some Vulkan apps and can see some issues there as well. But only when HWiNFO is minimized. Not sure how to fix this yet tho...
Does Intel PresentMon show the same behavior?
Yes, Intel PresentMon fails in the exact same way.

For fun I tried a few things:
  • Disabled G-SYNC
  • Disabled all other overlays
  • Disabled all other displays
Nothing changed.

Back