HwInfo Web Server beta testing

AaronMBuhr

Hi all. With Martin's cooperation, I've developed a mini-web-server for HwInfo. It uses a template file to filter and format the HwInfo sensor data and then serves it up on a specified port on your PC.

The idea was that I wanted to be able to check HwInfo sensor values (CPU & GPU speed and temperature etc.) from my tablet or phone while running a full-screen game. The tablet or phone would open a web browser to the PC on the specified port and retrieve the filtered/formatted sensor data (with a refresh tag to update every second or whatever).

It's fully operational but fairly basic at the moment, so I'm really hoping to get responses from people interested in helping finish it off, either via helping flesh out the functionality or helping write documentation, but I'm also happy to offer it up to folks who want to beta-test it and give back feedback about bugs and enhancement requests.

Anyway if you're interested please either respond to this post (I'll be checking every so often) or send me email.

Aaron

I'm interested.

I may not be able to help much in development (I can try) but I can certainly help test.

Thank you for developing the web server !
I hope somebody will help to enhance it further...

There's a much improved new beta available for anyone who is interested. It's really close to being done now. The server UI is improved, and the client UI now has dynamic bars for the sensor data.

AaronMBuhr said:
There's a much improved new beta available for anyone who is interested. It's really close to being done now. The server UI is improved, and the client UI now has dynamic bars for the sensor data.

I would very much like to test the webplugin

Cruzz

AaronMBuhr said:

I would very much like to test the webplugin

Goran

hmm, if this project is still going on I'd be more than willing to jump on the boat for testing. Would be a nice integration for remote monitoring of my folding/file/media server machine.

Hi!
Is this project is still being developed?
I am interested in a preview of temperatures to car navigation with Win CE 6.0, connected via USB. Is it possible?
thx & sorry for my english i use Google Translate

I have a copy from a year ago that was sent to me to test. I don't know if it is the latest version or if I'm even allowed to send it out. (I'll have to check my old email messages.)

I've checked my messages. The last "test" version I have is from May 24 2012. Nothing was mentioned about keeping these test versions private so I guess I can make it available if you want.

Before I post a link to a binary I don't have sources for on the forums here, I think I should get Martin's approval. I don't know of Martin has any conditions around posting add-ons for HWiNFO.

Martin: Are you ok with me posting a link to the binary files? Do you want me to send what I have to you so you can post / host yourself? This is AaronMBuhr's binary.

Thanks for posting the download.

Wow, this was a great start. There are a few issues and I see some other features it could need. But it does work well. Make sure you have HWiNFO's sensors running before starting this because it will error if it can't find the shared memory.

I've been thinking about creating a web server myself as this project seemed stalled, but I just can't dedicate the time right now. Aaron, if you see this and you want/need some help to finish it, let me know. Having the xml/json available like this makes mobile clients possible too, not just remote web browsers. It could be a base for lots of possibilities.

- Nick

I absolutely agree, it would be great to have such plug-in.
I could even integrate such web server into HWiNFO, unfortunately I don't have enough experience in this area...

Hi!
I wanted to thank you for this extension.

I checked on the smartphone with android and other computer - here it works. But
i have a problem which i can not solve:huh:. The idea is that WinCE 6.0 does not support Ajax requests and does not work.
I'll keep looking.
Thanks again

Back