HWiNFO will not open

CAshley

I am using HWiNFO on the new computers at my church for our new audio/visual system. On one computer HWiNFO opened no problem, but after having to restart the computer for the HWiNFO window will not open on the desktop. It appears in the taskbar. When I click on the icon on the taskbar the icon goes away. After the initial issue I had a BIOS update to do so I did it. I uninstalled it then reinstalled, but still the same issue.

Yes. I am given three options: 1. HWiNFO64, 2. Pin to Taskbar, 3. Close Window.
When I choose the first option I get the window box whether to allow HWiNFO to make changes so I click yes. Nothing opens on the desktop, but the icon stays on the taskbar. When I click on the icon it goes away.

Try to delete the HWiNFO64.INI file first. Does it then at least open the initial welcome dialog?

The initial window does come up that has the checkbox for sensors with the start button. I will try to delete the file you said probably on Wednesday when I have the chance to go by church.

Chris

If that won't help, enable Debug Mode and after HWiNFO terminates, attach the HWiNFO64.DBG file it created for analysis of the problem.

I attached the file you requested.
Even though I cannot see anything I had to stop HWiNFO in the task manager so I could attach the file.

I'm sorry, I don't see the file attached. You might need to compress it (ZIP, RAR, 7z) before attaching.

According to that file I don't see anything wrong - HWiNFO runs, reads data and reports. I don't see anything stuck there.
So I'm wondering whether its window is perhaps placed outside the monitor area. Try to completely Reset Preferences in main settings of HWiNFO if that will help.

Back