HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v4.51-2450 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO32/64 v4.51-2450 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added support of Intersil ISL6388 digital PWM.
  • Fixed sensor monitoring on some ASUS P8H67 series with IT8771.
  • Improved BCLK measurement on Skylake.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock Z97 OC Formula.
  • Added option to disable GPU reordering.
  • Fixed monitoring of Max CPU/Thread and Total CPU usage so that it reflects only the particular CPU package.
  • Added preliminary support of Intersil ISL6367 and ISL6379 (for ASRock boards only yet).
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS.
  • Added ability to display multiple sensor lists.
  • Added support of multi-row operations in sensors window.
  • Added ability to rename sensor titles.
  • Added component names (mainboard, system name) to sensor titles.
  • Added support of AMD Nolan.
  • Improved appearance on high-DPI scaled screens.
  • Improved reporting of S.M.A.R.T. attributes per SSD controller type.
  • Reduced memory module scan time on Sandy Bridge-E/EN/EP/EX and later server CPUs.
  • Enhanced support of NVIDIA Tesla GPUs - clocks, memory parameters, usage, power, fan speed.

Is this how CPU Status supposed to look like?
nvbkw4.jpg

Also IMO the settings for show sensors/minimize main/minimize sensors/ on startup and show welcome window needs a review.

Most noticeable is that show welcome screen and progress is checked, and minimize main window on startup is checked, the progress is shown but not the welcome window.

Second, if sensors only is selected, sensors in tray will show regardless of show sensors on startup status, but if sensors only is unchecked they won't show unless show sensors on startup is checked.

Yes, the CPU Status is shown correct. Since the Clock or Ratio can vary between cores, those values are displayed in the additional clock window.

The issue with Welcome Screen is because HWiNFO was maintaining backwards compatibility with previous settings, but I think you're right. I'll fix this.

The last item is intended behavior. Do you see any problem with that ?

Martin said:
The last item is intended behavior. Do you see any problem with that ?

Logically yes. If I change the settings from sensors only to both sensors and summery I naively expect the tray sensors to show as before.

I have few ideas for simpler logic, but that is for different discussion.

Enjoying the renaming of Sensor Title feature (which could be used to show false readings for different hardware... just sayin'!)

What I don't understand is how the Added ability to display multiple sensor lists works.

Yes I can click the expand button and get an empty table. All I can do is drag and drop a sensor item into the new table, which then disappears from the original table. When I dragged that sensor item back to the original table, I apparently overshot the table with the mouse pointer, and now that sensor item is gone. Not found in the Hidden items list. I know, click Restore original order... still seems odd IMO.

How do you work with a new, empty table? What is the intent of multiple tables? How does the Configure Sensors feature work with multiple tables? Still a work in progress? ;) 

Also, I don't understand the Added support of multi-row operations in sensors window feature. Is this related to tables and multiple sensor lists?

EDIT: Just saw the explanation of multiple sensor lists in the 2440 beta news thread, two minutes after posting the above, of course! :blush:

I prefer scrolling, but to each their own. Still don't get multi-row operations.

If you have the Locked Order enabled then when expanding (creating new) sensor tables, HWiNFO will automatically adjust the item count in tables.

The multi-row operation means that you can now select and perform operations (like disable, hide, etc.) on multiple items in the sensors window. Before, it was possible to select a single item only.

Ok I get it now about multi-row operations. I don't use that option much so having all the options there seems like nothing new to me.

Yes, Fixed order, my most un-favorite option ;)  since I like things in my order which does not match what I get with Fixed order.

I assume the order of readings given with Fixed order is determined by my board's sensor chip implementation (+12V is between +5V and +3V, seriously?) Or iGPU VID is at the very bottom under the network chip readings, and VCore, CPU Input, and Cache voltages are  all over the place. Just to mention a few.

I'm finally realizing I need to remove the .ini file after changing hardware, as I get readings for drives that are not in the PC anymore. Or what else am I missing? :huh:

The order of +12, +5V and other voltages depends on how the particular voltage inputs are connected to the sensor circuit.

"iGPU VID" should be initially placed under the CPU sensor. But I assume this value was not reported during your initial start (was 0), then you changed order of sensors and (as per the warning displayed when you disable fixed order) HWiNFO will add all new values to the bottom of the sensors list. This is because once you change order of items (or disable fixed order), HWiNFO doesn't know where to place newly appearing values - so it puts them at the end of the list.

The INI file is not important in this case. Better is to click "Reset Preferences" in that case.

Back