HWiNFO32 and HWiNFO64 v5.45-3080 Beta released

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO32/64 v5.45-3080 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added sensor table row shading.
  • Fixed detection of some On Semi/ASUS EPU2 sensors.
  • Enhanced support of Intel Coffee Lake.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI Ryzen mainboards.
  • Added fan speed monitoring on ASUS X75 series notebooks.

Martin said:
HWiNFO32/64 v5.45-3080 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Added sensor table row shading.
  • Fixed detection of some On Semi/ASUS EPU2 sensors.
  • Enhanced support of Intel Coffee Lake.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI Ryzen mainboards.
  • Added fan speed monitoring on ASUS X75 series notebooks.

Hi Martin, I saw the thread where you talked to tripleye about the Alienware 13r3 to get fan control

I have the same laptop but can't get the fan control working at all. I have EC support ticked
Originally I had 5.44 installed where I messed about to get the fans enabled but only succeeded  by disabling "EC support"
Then I uninstalled that version and installed the latest Beta you posted here
EC support is ticked but clicking the FAN icon does nothing and also I don't see a DELL EC in the sensors list

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

With "EC Support" enabled you're not expected to see a "DELL EC" sensor, as it should be replaced with a "Compal EC" sensor. Do you see that sensor?
Also, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis of this problem.

Thanks, but the attached Debug File doesn't contain sensor data. Please make sure to open the sensors window as well before closing HWiNFO. Also make sure that the "EC Support" option is enabled in HWiNFO.

Thanks Martin, that is odd that its different  :huh: 

Will give it a go when I get home from work and report back  :D

It works ... kinda lol
I have manual control of my fans at 100rpm increments but the slider for the CPU controls both fans and the GPU slider does nothing to the fan speed

Thats ok Martin, tbh as the heatsinks are connected I wanted them both to turn on at the same time and same RPM anyway
Its odd that if I disable the EC support I can control them individually properly (but for only the three speed levels of zero, mid and high)

Thank you for your effort and support, really appreciate it

Back