HWiNFOMonitor - Minor things

aMduser

[attachment=395]Hi , great gadget imo , but there seems to be minor things , version 402 .
When i first set it up it was good , then things changed a day later .
But first , the gpu x2 fan speed listing is really fan use or percent , not rpm or speed , confusing .
Second , the ram color graph will not stay yellow , it stays green when i set it to all yellow so to see it easier (all other graphs no problem) .

Duplicates of listings in the gadget will not go away no matter what i do , and turn up randomly?.
No crashes here at all so no bug report , it's good and i like it and thanks for the effort , where is the settings file kept (for the gadget) to see if these settings/listings are actually in there , i found one in the user folder but the duplicates were not in it , thanks .
edited>Added , i just came across another post telling where file is so i'll take a look "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\scripts\gadget.js" so please ignore this part....

Attachments

• HWiNFO.jpg
    HWiNFO.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 39
Hi,

Can you please zip the following files and email them to me at the address listed on the about tab of the gadget settings? If you could do this while you are receiving duplicates, that would be best.
all files in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor"
and "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log"

The gadget.js file you mention is part of the gadget application code. The settings are all stored in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" folder.

I'll let you know what I find after I receive the files from you.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi and thanks for the reply , but LOL , they are not there now today (the duplicates) , maybe its just me?

Anyway , i got the Ram used reading line sorted out yesterday too , i just left it set to the first colour green at 0 , and changed limit 1 to 1360 yellow and then limit 2 to orange 5370 , so as this comp uses close to 1.5gb after boot-up it's yellow straight away :D

I really like those logging graphs but the green line was a bit hard to see for me as the back-gound scales were green , i just finished a session on S.T.A.L.K.E.R COP and a quick glance at those usage graphs (memory/gpuo-gpu1/cpu usage) confirms how everything has been running after i close the game down imo , and it's very surprising on how un-loaded the cpu/gpu's are sometimes when there is a bit of 'action' going on .

Thanks again and now i'll end with just the other minor thing , fan speed and percent , one is rpm(speed)and the other usage(percent) , in the program 'FAN' is rpm(speed) and 'fan speed' is usage(percent) , confusing for me but that's just me .

cheers Paul....

Great, glad you sorted those out.

For the fan names, it uses the name from HWiNFO by default. But you can override it using the advanced tab in the gadget settings. Change it to whatever you prefer.

Hy!
After an forced restart on my Win 7 64bits SP1 (with HWiNFO 4.06 64bits) and HWiNFO Monitor Gadget 1.1 stopped working also SpeedFan Gadget latest vers. and All CPU Meter 4.2 gadgets too, showing only < symbol on an grey surface and the tab with X for close, options key and move grip, trying to restart sidebar didn't restore them, restarting system also not worked, shooting down HWiNFO and SpeedFan 4.5 no result, uninstalling All CPU Meter 4.2 , system restart and after that reinstall All CPU Meter 4.3 new solved this gadget! but uninstalling HWiNFO Monitor 1.1 gadget and SpeedFan Meter gadget and reinstalling them after same procedure as All CPU Meter still no luck!!!, also other gadgets for AIDA64, GPU Monitor, Network Monitor, System Monitor, Clock, Calendar... no malfunction at all, so...

how to solve ???

garfield1234 said:
Hy!
After an forced restart on my Win 7 64bits SP1 (with HWiNFO 4.06 64bits) and HWiNFO Monitor Gadget 1.1 stopped working also SpeedFan Gadget latest vers. and All CPU Meter 4.2 gadgets too, showing only < symbol on an grey surface and the tab with X for close, options key and move grip, trying to restart sidebar didn't restore them, restarting system also not worked, shooting down HWiNFO and SpeedFan 4.5 no result, uninstalling All CPU Meter 4.2 , system restart and after that reinstall All CPU Meter 4.3 new solved this gadget! but uninstalling HWiNFO Monitor 1.1 gadget and SpeedFan Meter gadget and reinstalling them after same procedure as All CPU Meter still no luck!!!, also other gadgets for AIDA64, GPU Monitor, Network Monitor, System Monitor, Clock, Calendar... no malfunction at all, so...

how to solve ???

Ages ago(i'll look after i post) i had a similar issue with the side bar , i recall that it was something to do with one of them resetting it (sidebar) to run in 32bit and it was not HWiNFOMonitor , for memory it was another gadget for sound i think , i looked about and found a 64/32 bit sidebar switcher to switch it back to 64 bit and it fix the drama that time , i'll add a link if i can find one ....
edit:http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/use-sidebar-32-bit-windows-7-vista-64-bit-silverlight-gadgets/ , this is not what i did or found the last time , i recall it was a proper little program to switch it , long forgotten now ...

I have just completed this below to make sure its ok , and it is , i have done a bit of searching and found what i found the last time ...

Manually go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

In Regedit and delete

IconStreams
LastAdvertisement
PastIconsStream

and then reboot or close explorer and crtl alt del (easier) and log off then log back on , there was 3 old icons for hwinfo here ...

Win7.64 here.

also i just found this but have not tried it as yet , free too! , next time..

edited> i have removed the link as that software was total bs , i hope no-one installed it , it was a "online" tray cleaner , very sus imo ....

cheers , Paul.......

garfield1234 said:
Hy!

how to solve ???

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm traveling in Europe and only have intermittent internet access.

Please try the solution mentioned here:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HWiNFOMonitor?pid=2797#pid2797

@aMduser - Thanks for the info. Not sure why 32/64 or the systray would have anything to do with it. But I'll check further into it when I return home in 2 weeks.

- Nick

Stangowner , no way am i saying hwinfo gadget caused those issues , like i mentioned it was another gadget and long ago now .

If my memory is correct , the gadget that played up reset the sidebar to something else then corrupted all the other gadgets from starting but not the actual gadgets , then when one fixed the sidebar back to normal and removed the offending gadget , all the icons or at least some doubled up or had the wrong picture with them or had copies in the notification area/system tray , and some did not work at all and then one had to find out how to remove them , its too far back now to be accurate but it was something like all that , cheers... Paul

ps>i just remembered , dolby home theater icon disappeared and would not come back or work if clicked was the last issue and was caused by another gadget?

aMduser said:
Stangowner , no way am i saying hwinfo gadget caused those issues , like i mentioned it was another gadget and long ago now .

If my memory is correct , the gadget that played up reset the sidebar to something else then corrupted all the other gadgets from starting but not the actual gadgets , then when one fixed the sidebar back to normal and removed the offending gadget , all the icons or at least some doubled up or had the wrong picture with them or had copies in the notification area/system tray , and some did not work at all and then one had to find out how to remove them , its too far back now to be accurate but it was something like all that , cheers... Paul

ps>i just remembered , dolby home theater icon disappeared and would not come back or work if clicked was the last issue and was caused by another gadget?

OK, I understand what you are saying about the whole sidebar getting corrupted. I thought you were saying that sidebar needs to run in either 32 or 64 bit mode. I did not even know it has 2 modes. This gadget does not have any specific code that would require one over the other. Then helper is 32 bit, but runs on both platforms and does not run inside or tied to the sidebar process so it does not matter. And the rest is just HTML, JavaScript and CSS......where there is no difference.

Thanks for helping out! I appreciate it.

- Nick

Well i appreciate having a nice looking Gadget too!

I'm no brainiac with coding and stuff Nick , but it appears from what i have red so far is that win7-64 bit natively has a 64bit side bar which is the default , but if something runs 32bit it'll automatically use that other , like with the hwinfo gadget if one looks in the task manager/process's listed is sidebar.exe*32 , it is *32 which apparently means 32bit , just for a test i just closed the *32 side bar and fired up the default win7 cpu meter gadget and now sidebar is just sidebar.exe ..

Now the memory is coming back a bit i seem the recall that there was a issue with *32 and too many instances and just sidebar.exe , must be crosstalk? LOL i dunno but like i mentioned it was a sound gadget which though it all out of wack the last time..

cheers....

aMduser said:
Well i appreciate having a nice looking Gadget too!

I'm no brainiac with coding and stuff Nick , but it appears from what i have red so far is that win7-64 bit natively has a 64bit side bar which is the default , but if something runs 32bit it'll automatically use that other , like with the hwinfo gadget if one looks in the task manager/process's listed is sidebar.exe*32 , it is *32 which apparently means 32bit , just for a test i just closed the *32 side bar and fired up the default win7 cpu meter gadget and now sidebar is just sidebar.exe ..

Now the memory is coming back a bit i seem the recall that there was a issue with *32 and too many instances and just sidebar.exe , must be crosstalk? LOL i dunno but like i mentioned it was a sound gadget which though it all out of wack the last time..

cheers....

Thanks again.....I'll definitely have to poke around a bit more when I get back from my trip.

Solved as in that link ^ by deleting the first 8 lines and save the files. The first line should be <html> when you are done.
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\flyout.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\gadget.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\settings.html

same for the SpeedFanMeter1.5 gadget which was broken too...
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\SpeedfanMeterv1.5.gadget\setings.htm

THX to all for the help!!!

stangowner said:
garfield1234 said:
Hy!

how to solve ???

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm traveling in Europe and only have intermittent internet access.

Please try the solution mentioned here:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HWiNFOMonitor?pid=2797#pid2797

@aMduser - Thanks for the info. Not sure why 32/64 or the systray would have anything to do with it. But I'll check further into it when I return home in 2 weeks.

- Nick

garfield1234 said:
Solved as in that link ^ by deleting the first 8 lines and save the files. The first line should be <html> when you are done.
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\flyout.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\gadget.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\settings.html

same for the SpeedFanMeter1.5 gadget which was broken too...
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\SpeedfanMeterv1.5.gadget\setings.htm

THX to all for the help!!!

Great, thanks for letting me know!

Hy!

Installed on Vista 64bits Ultimate, but when undocked gadget become bigger... (annoying allot!!!) so what I did... modified some lines in:
gadget.js as follow:
function checkDockedState()
{
if(System.Gadget.docked){
document.body.style.width = "130px";
if(prefWindow.bgColor == 'transparent'){
document.body.style.fontFamily = 'Tahoma';//Arial';
}else{
document.body.style.fontFamily = 'Segoe UI';
}
document.getElementById('ss').href = 'css/shared.css';
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
document.getElementById('errMsg').style.height = '92px';
}else{
}
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
}
redrawAll = true;
onTimer();

instead of original:
{
document.body.style.fontFamily = 'Tahoma';//Arial';
}else{
}
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
}else{
document.body.style.width = '200px';
document.getElementById('ss').href = 'css/shared-floating.css';
barWidths = barWidthsLg;
divHeight = divHeightLg;
document.getElementById('errMsg').style.height = '84px';
}
redrawAll = true;
onTimer();
also in settings.js as follow:
{
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
document.getElementById('preview').style.width = "130px";
}else{
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
}
instead of original:
{
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
}else{
document.getElementById('ss').href = 'css/shared-floating.css';
barWidths = barWidthsSm;
divHeight = divHeightSm;
document.getElementById('preview').style.width = "200px";
}
and in shared.js modified:

if(monitor.hasHeader){
dhtml += '<div class="mHeader" style="background-color:' + colorHdrBkgd + ';color:' + colorHdrText +

';border-color:' + colorHdrText + ';';
if(colorHdrBkgd == "transparent"){
dhtml += 'background-image:none;';
}
dhtml += '">' + monitor.header + '</div>';
prefWindow.height = prefWindow.height + 16;
}else{
prefWindow.height = prefWindow.height + 8;
}
instead:

if(monitor.hasHeader){
dhtml += '<div class="mHeader" style="background-color:' + colorHdrBkgd + ';color:' + colorHdrText +

';border-color:' + colorHdrText + ';';
if(colorHdrBkgd == "transparent"){
dhtml += 'background-image:none;';
}
dhtml += '">' + monitor.header + '</div>';
prefWindow.height = prefWindow.height + 16;
}else{
prefWindow.height = prefWindow.height + 20;
}
last mod because I put to an monitor an header and the result was awful window border was bigger in height at bottom then actual height of the all monitors together by 4mm in + visual result in that space 9transparrent) I could see the desktop behind...

so now locks OK ( I don't know if I put more headers what is happening or which mod will be necessary...
a good solution will be that the writer/creator of the gadget to modify the files *.js , *.html, *.css etc. to permit if gadget is undocked in Vista to not expand in that bigger size by default, but as option in one of the tab's of the settings window somewhere as update HWiNFOMonitor 1.2.gadget or HWiNFOMonitor 2.0.gadget !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX!!!!

garfield1234 said:
Hy!

Installed on Vista 64bits Ultimate, but when undocked gadget become bigger...

a good solution will be that the writer/creator of the gadget to modify the files *.js , *.html, *.css etc. to permit if gadget is undocked in Vista to not expand in that bigger size by default, but as option in one of the tab's of the settings window somewhere as update HWiNFOMonitor 1.2.gadget or HWiNFOMonitor 2.0.gadget !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THX!!!!

Hi Garfield1234,

Thanks for posting. However, this is expected behavior for the docked/undocked state in Vista. And it is also a direct correlation to the small/large size option in Windows 7. So I'd rather not change the default behavior. If you were running Windows 7, it would have worked as you wanted without needing to change anything.

Here are a few posts explaining the history of this change back with the RivaTuner gadget. The main idea was simply to provide larger fonts.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292598&page=5#104
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292598&page=5#112

And given the fact that there are probably few users of this gadget running Vista and that I've never received this request before over the past 3 years, I don't think it is worth adding configuration options at this point. Its great that you made it work for you, and posted the modified code in case anyone else ever needs it.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi,

I have also been experiencing a similar problem of "duplicate listings". In my case, the resulting duplicate items are graphically displayed but missing my custom configurations.

here are the before and after:
[attachment=586][attachment=587]

Here are the settings (before and after error) and logs:
[attachment=588]

Man, this happens a few times now and my heart sinks every time since it takes a while to reconfigure haha.

stangowner said:
Hi,

Can you please zip the following files and email them to me at the address listed on the about tab of the gadget settings? If you could do this while you are receiving duplicates, that would be best.
all files in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor"
and "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log"

The gadget.js file you mention is part of the gadget application code. The settings are all stored in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" folder.

I'll let you know what I find after I receive the files from you.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 8
  • after.PNG
    after.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 7
  • hwinfo_issue.zip
    136 KB · Views: 2
stevv said:
I have also been experiencing a similar problem of "duplicate listings". In my case, the resulting duplicate items are graphically displayed but missing my custom configurations.

Thank you for sending the data. I now know what is happening.....just not sure why yet.

Martin, his initial configuration for the GPU temp entry looks like this:
Code:
"id":"9001000"
"sensor":"GPU [#0]: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (GK104-400): nVidia Internal"
"title":"GPU Temperature"
After the issue happens, the id 9001000 entry looks like this, and the GPU temp entry moved to 10001000:
Code:
"id":"9001000"
"sensor":"S.M.A.R.T."
"title":"WDC WD2500AAJS-75M0A0 [WD-WMAV2DX28672]"

"id":"10001000"
"sensor":"GPU [#0]: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (GK104-400): nVidia Internal"
"title":"GPU Temperature"
The gadget sees the new ID of 10001000 which has no previous settings, so it loads it as a new entry using the default parameters.

So one of two things must be happening:
1 - my shared memory helper has a bug, or
2 - HWiNFO is changing the id of the entry in shared memory.

Any ideas if it could be #2? Please let me know. Thanks!

stevv said:
Man, this happens a few times now and my heart sinks every time since it takes a while to reconfigure haha.

There are backup/restore instructions on the "Instructions" tab of the gadget settings. Although in this instance I don't think it would have helped you.

Thanks,
Nick

#2 might be possible in case there appears a new sensor during runtime, or version update.
I'd need to see a HWiNFO logfile or sensors screenshot of both situation.

Back