Identifying graphic cards

Planetdune

So I was going to HWInfo a few hundred graphic cards I have around to see what they actually are. I setup a testbench running Win98SE & HWInfo. I plopped in my first card and had a look. I have a couple of questions:

1. The card itself is physically labeled "GV-R92S128T". However, HWInfo is listing "GV-R92564T" (see screenshots). Which is correct?

2. HWInfo lists "AGP 4x @ 2x". What does this mean exactly? Is the card a AGP 4x that is running at 2x?

I have to be honest, it scares me a little that on the very first card I try I am getting a conflicted result on the model of the card.

Anyone can help me out with these questions? Thank you!

Attachments

• hwinfo1.jpg
    hwinfo1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 7
  • hwinfo2.jpg
    hwinfo2.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Most likely the GV-R92564T is not correct, it would be helpful if you could attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
Yes, it means the card runs at AGP 2x.

Most likely the GV-R92564T is not correct, it would be helpful if you could attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
Yes, it means the card runs at AGP 2x.

I'll see if I can get the debug file. I have hundreds of isa/pci/agp cards to test, if you want I can save debug data if I notice something is off... That said, this was obvious because the model name is on the card. I have no clue if it is possible for HWInfo to misreport other stats of cards it detects.

Yes, it's possible that HWiNFO sometimes misreports something. The amount of various hardware parts and combinations is huge so mistakes can happen.
It would be helpful if you notice any issues and report them with a report + debug file. I can then see how to fix that.

Back