Impact on performance of the logging feature

Tuyau

What is the impact on performance of HWiNFO64's logging feature? Most specifically, having all sensors logged vs. just a few ones, and also the impact of the polling period on logging.

Basically I would like to know if I can run HWiNFO64's logging feature along demanding software without having a noticeable impact on performance caused by HWiNFO64.

That depends on your drive's performance and cache buffers.
But generally logging should have only minimal impact as each cycle writes only a couple of hundreds of bytes and this is first buffered in memory (unless you have the "Write Direct To Disk (No Buffering)" option enabled).

I am coming from the electrical test and measurement world, we do data logging, high speed = 20 measurements per second, and or calibration logging = every 10S or more.

HWiNFO64 uses default sample rate once per second = 1000ms = CPU usage this is unable to be detected with a regular i7-4770 (0~1%).
For fun I did test 250ms = four times per second, and I succeed 3% CPU usage (20 parameters active monitor).

My regular setting for long logging session this is 10000ms = every 10S ( inspecting thermals when gaming )
In conclusion, they are a pack of options for you to choose from.

Last edited:
Back