IMPORTANT CHANGES TO HWiNFO64 COMING SOON

Just created an account to comment that the only reason I use HWiNFO is as a Rainmeter widget, and from now on will be staying in the last version without a ridiculous 12 hour limit on shared memory support, what's the point of a widget if it doesn't work permanently?.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great software and it's certainly worth money, just not that amount for a single feature (in my case).

I'd suggest offering a discounted pricing model for multi-year licenses. For example, Argus Monitor offers a 3-year license for the price of two 1-year licenses.
I think that is a good idea, pretty much any developer today have that option. So! if this is something Martin would consider I hope anyone who just made the purchase, would qualify for upgrade, unless this won’t be even consideration :D

Regarding the 3-year maintenance license. Currently the renewal discount is 50%, so if you pay like 20€ for the initial license, the 2nd and 3rd year it will be 10€ and 10€. That means you get 3 years for price of 2 ;)

Regarding the 3-year maintenance license. Currently the renewal discount is 50%, so if you pay like 20€ for the initial license, the 2nd and 3rd year it will be 10€ and 10€. That means you get 3 years for price of 2 ;)
It’s a combination of both, discount and peace of mind, without having to use the "auto renewal" feature, just purchase the license 3 years right from Get-Go and move on. It’s not a big deal, but I think psychologically gives customer the cozy feeling of knowing you set for a while.

On the flip side, from my personal experience, If perhaps things would to go south with either software or even development itself and someone doesn't want to feel obligated to stay...annual term works good as well :)

Hi Martin, just created an account to share my thoughts on the changes for the latest version 7.0

I've read your statements and I feel for your case. I am a firm believer developers should be paid "fairly" for their work.

I've actually went trough the purchase piece to get a personal license until I saw the "recurring" which I thought was strange, price was a bit high for a lifetime license one-time purchase but I thought ok, fair enough. Then I saw it's 1 year license. Well I'm not going to tell you what your software is worth, but it's not worth that much for me and my use, so I swapped back to the previous version and disabled updates. I personally did not appreciated the ransomware approach to limiting a previously free feature or moving a free software to paid without any extra value to the previous versions.

I wish you all the best in the future, and I think you would greatly benefit from some professional advice regarding market pricings and how to best monetize your software.

Maintenance cost is if you want upgrades. Pretty standard procedure; the terms you use 1 year license and ransomware would indicate that the software would be "turned off" if you didn't renew the license.

Either there's a misunderstanding somewhere or we have different opinions of standard "license + upgrades + maintenance renewal" ways that most paid software uses.

EDIT: To clarify, HWiNFO is using this pretty standard approach for maintenance-required software. It needs to be kept updated due to constant new hardware and changes, this kind of software requires continuous work from the maintainer.

As you refer, you can use older version - this is the same if you now purchase v7.00 (+ receive the upgrades). You can keep using that version if you don't renew maintenance, you just stop getting upgrades after a certain period of time.

I purchased a personal licence.
i have a licence of memtest86pro which is 44 dollar per year(19,50 renew), so 25 dollar is cheap then.
thank you Martin

Thanks, I went ahead and paid for this lisence.
Especially the memory t.junction along is worth it, to be sure one doesent fry the RTX3090 during mining!

It is also great to use this to check if the GPU throttles, then you can fine tune the clocks, volatages etc on the GPU, look at temps and also MH/s in mining console.

Thanks to you ,that still give us free use of this amazing soft for person use and 12 hours shared mem for MSI Afterburner is enouph for play games ...

- Shared Memory Interface (SHM) in HWiNFO64 (non-Pro) will be run-time limited to 12 hours. HWiNFO64 Pro will not have such limit.
- To compensate for the SHM limitation, the interface details will be made fully public, so that anyone can interface with HWiNFO to read all sensor data. See below FAQ for more details.
Is the info for accessing the SHM interface already available somewhere? I couldn't find it on the page.

I have been using HWiNFO purely for its integration with Stream Deck so I can see my various status readouts on it, and now that this feature is no longer free, I am prepared to pay a price for it. But unlike other periodically maintained utilities such as Process Lasso, Plex Media Server, etc, I don't see any kind of lifetime license option and I don't want this to be yet another subscription kind of thing that I have to maintain. If a lifetime license option does not come out I'm sure the community will find another way for these readouts to come to Stream Deck from another app.

If you don’t need every new HWiNFO version you don’t have to pay every year. You only need to pay once. And this will give you 1 year of updates. After the year you can still use the Pro but you no longer receive updates. If after the first year you sometime be interested by a new version and it’s features you can pay again.

Is this so bad? Do you really need every update?

This is the common drum beaten by every person defending such a business model and I will point once again to Plex and Process Lasso as two far more intricate pieces of constantly maintained software that I have lifetime licenses for. If you want that AIDA64 level money, get your app to feature parity with AIDA64.

This is the common drum beaten by every person defending such a business model and I will point once again to Plex and Process Lasso as two far more intricate pieces of constantly maintained software that I have lifetime licenses for. If you want that AIDA64 level money, get your app to feature parity with AIDA64.

I think the suggestion was quite polite and honest - I was going to post too that if your hardware doesn't change, you don't need every upgrade. Not sure why you felt to go defensive here.

I said it on the other thread, but I can tactfully say it again: lifetime licenses for software/products that by their very nature will require upgrades is hoax. You either get hugely inflated price, or the business model is not sustaining, but rather marketing hoax. Microsoft and Google could do their "infinite cloud storage" for several years, until they no longer can - that was to get users to their storage and platform.

If this is getting so fueled up, is it because HWiNFO is providing some unique feature, that nobody else is - or at the level second to none? Wouldn't it be then beneficial to everyone, who likes to use it - to ensure its sustainability to the level, that it will be around. There is always current version v6.xx that everyone can go - or purchase that one version that you need and just don't upgrade from it if you don't need.

This license + maintenance model is the norm of today's software, especially on smaller vendors. They simply cannot offer transparent lifetime license, because the costs for upgrades are continuous.

I think the suggestion was quite polite and honest - I was going to post too that if your hardware doesn't change, you don't need every upgrade. Not sure why you felt to go defensive here.

I said it on the other thread, but I can tactfully say it again: lifetime licenses for software/products that by their very nature will require upgrades is hoax. You either get hugely inflated price, or the business model is not sustaining, but rather marketing hoax. Microsoft and Google could do their "infinite cloud storage" for several years, until they no longer can - that was to get users to their storage and platform.

If this is getting so fueled up, is it because HWiNFO is providing some unique feature, that nobody else is - or at the level second to none? Wouldn't it be then beneficial to everyone, who likes to use it - to ensure its sustainability to the level, that it will be around. There is always current version v6.xx that everyone can go - or purchase that one version that you need and just don't upgrade from it if you don't need.

This license + maintenance model is the norm of today's software, especially on smaller vendors. They simply cannot offer transparent lifetime license, because the costs for upgrades are continuous.
What I am saying is that this cost does not justify my use case for HWiNFO, and enough Stream Deck users will agree to the point where someone else will come through with a solution. What I am also saying is that if I cannot pay for a lifetime license, however much it will cost, I will simply wait for an alternative to show up, because in all honesty I would be paying too much for a feature set that overlaps with AIDA64, which I am already paying for. Take it or leave it. HWiNFO will not be getting yearly payments out of me. I’m willing to pay for a lifetime license. Take my money for that, or you won’t get my money. Another good example of this is the Better Finder Rename tool for macOS. Small developer like this. Needs to be somewhat constantly updated due to the nature of macOS, going first from cutting off 32-bit compatibility completely and now moving to an entirely new CPU architecture, requiring new iterations all along the way. Offers a great utility that is unmatched in its versatility to manage file naming in macOS. Offers a lifetime license that I gladly paid.

You tell me what the norm is, yet I have pointed out multiple instances where it is not the norm, and as a consumer, my money goes to those apps.

Last edited:
I think I missed your point; I'm sorry for that. That is well stated/based point of view; good feedback IMO.

What I am saying is that this cost does not justify my use case for HWiNFO, and enough Stream Deck users will agree to the point where someone else will come through with a solution. What I am also saying is that if I cannot pay for a lifetime license, however much it will cost, I will simply wait for an alternative to show up, because in all honesty I would be paying too much for a feature set that overlaps with AIDA64, which I am already paying for. Take it or leave it. HWiNFO will not be getting yearly payments out of me. I’m willing to pay for a lifetime license. Take my money for that, or you won’t get my money. Another good example of this is the Better Finder Rename tool for macOS. Small developer like this. Needs to be somewhat constantly updated due to the nature of macOS, going first from cutting off 32-bit compatibility completely and now moving to an entirely new CPU architecture, requiring new iterations all along the way. Offers a great utility that is unmatched in its versatility to manage file naming in macOS. Offers a lifetime license that I gladly paid.

You tell me what the norm is, yet I have pointed out multiple instances where it is not the norm, and as a consumer, my money goes to those apps.
I can't speak for AIDA64 (as an example) as I know very little about it, even though I use occasionally its benchmark tools. But your example of BetterFinderTool for macOS, I think it's irrelevant. You said it yourself... "Needs to be somewhat constantly updated due to the nature of macOS".
This is not the case with HWiNFO64. Unless you change your hardware there is no immediate need for HWiNFO update, and even if you do so (change the hardware) it has to be unsupported or having glitches/issues that need to be resolved.

So, the normal is different between those 2

Edit: typo

Last edited:
- To compensate for the SHM limitation, the interface details will be made fully public, so that anyone can interface with HWiNFO to read all sensor data. See below FAQ for more details.
Where can I find these details on the Shared Memory? I'd love to experiment a bit with it, but I wasn't able to track down any documentation.

Back