IMPORTANT CHANGES TO HWiNFO64 COMING SOON

I understand the need to garner a return on your investment with HWiNFO. It's a really well put together app. But as others have said, the cost does not align with my use case, despite the artificial limitation of literally the only reason I use the application. I use HWiNFO for shared memory with Rainmeter. That's it. Some pretty gauges on a secondary monitor in the PSU shroud of my case so I can see vitals at a glance. And it works just fine the way it is in v6.42. I don't need the updates or the pro version for that. Seems a conflict of interest to limit the program for those specifically using it for shared memory with Rainmeter, knowing full well none of those people would need the pro version for that simple workload. Then again, I suppose most companies do charge for convenience, so I can't expect you to work any differently.

So, there are some considerations and questions:

You're targeting Rainmeter/shared memory users with an artificial limitation on a use case that does not require "pro" level functionality to maintain. People can simply use an older version of the application and call it a day. Works just fine.

So, the question remains, what can you do, feature wise, with future iterations of this pro version of HWiNFO to entice Rainmeter/shared memory users to pay something like $40 every year just to be able to see some system information look pretty on their desktop? You used the stick by way of the artificial limitation, and it's likely going to cause people like me to turtle with version 6.42 for some time, or at least until a version of Windows releases that 6.42 no longer functions with, but by then, as others have said, someone else will likely fill the niche you've left open. So what's the carrot?

Just some feedback, but if I did need pro functionality along with updates, and I knew spending $40~ got me more than a year of that kind of support, I'd probably buy it. But as it is, I'd probably spend $20 on HWiNFO Pro if it only lasted a year. Get into the $40 range and you're hitting severe diminishing returns. For $40, I'd ask for 3 years of updates. $50, 5 years. $60, 8 years. Etc.

Just my two cents.

I understand the need to garner a return on your investment with HWiNFO. It's a really well put together app. But as others have said, the cost does not align with my use case, despite the artificial limitation of literally the only reason I use the application. I use HWiNFO for shared memory with Rainmeter. That's it. Some pretty gauges on a secondary monitor in the PSU shroud of my case so I can see vitals at a glance. And it works just fine the way it is in v6.42. I don't need the updates or the pro version for that. Seems a conflict of interest to limit the program for those specifically using it for shared memory with Rainmeter, knowing full well none of those people would need the pro version for that simple workload. Then again, I suppose most companies do charge for convenience, so I can't expect you to work any differently.

So, there are some considerations and questions:

You're targeting Rainmeter/shared memory users with an artificial limitation on a use case that does not require "pro" level functionality to maintain. People can simply use an older version of the application and call it a day. Works just fine.

So, the question remains, what can you do, feature wise, with future iterations of this pro version of HWiNFO to entice Rainmeter/shared memory users to pay something like $40 every year just to be able to see some system information look pretty on their desktop? You used the stick by way of the artificial limitation, and it's likely going to cause people like me to turtle with version 6.42 for some time, or at least until a version of Windows releases that 6.42 no longer functions with, but by then, as others have said, someone else will likely fill the niche you've left open. So what's the carrot?

Just some feedback, but if I did need pro functionality along with updates, and I knew spending $40~ got me more than a year of that kind of support, I'd probably buy it. But as it is, I'd probably spend $20 on HWiNFO Pro if it only lasted a year. Get into the $40 range and you're hitting severe diminishing returns. For $40, I'd ask for 3 years of updates. $50, 5 years. $60, 8 years. Etc.

Just my two cents.

First, you're quite behind the situation with Rainmeter, check here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=37160
Second, I don't know where you pulled that $40 for 1 year, but HWiNFO64 Pro costs $25 with 1 year of updates and versions released in that timeframe won't stop working.

I just purchased the Pro License, looks like PayPal completed the transaction. I haven't received my email from 2Checkout with my license code. It has been about 16 hours since I purchased it. Anyone else have that issue?
It's amazing people spend thousands of dollars an a computer but 25 dollars for a program they use every day is too much. No offense intended.

I just purchased the Pro License, looks like PayPal completed the transaction. I haven't received my email from 2Checkout with my license code. It has been about 16 hours since I purchased it. Anyone else have that issue?
It's amazing people spend thousands of dollars an a computer but 25 dollars for a program they use every day is too much. No offense intended.

Please contact me directly via e-mail, I need some details to lookup your order and check it (can't do that based on your nickname :D)

Also, version6.42 works fine for me. I updated to v7.02 and lost my connection to Aquasuite. It took awhile, lots of Googling to figure out that it was probably 12 hour limit, I think. I reinstalled v6.42 and everything works fine now. Then after reading all the haters on the forum, I decided to do my part to help out Martin. Keep up the amazing work.

I use HWinFO (free version) on multiple computers. Wanted to confirm the following:

HWiNFO64-10.PNG

Buy one license and upgrade is paid for on each of my computers (up to 5).

Thank you, @Martin !! Not sure if it was posted previously, but to get the license working I simply copy and pasted the key.txt file into the folder containing the .exe and .ini files. HWiNFO automatically recognized that it was in the same folder.

Thank you, @Martin !! Not sure if it was posted previously, but to get the license working I simply copy and pasted the key.txt file into the folder containing the .exe and .ini files. HWiNFO automatically recognized that it was in the same folder.

Yes. As per instructions in the e-mail you received.

Is there any way to get hwinfo64 monitor gadget to work with version 7.02. Regular hwinfo64 gadget works and I saw the work around for rainmeter but is there a way to keep hwinfo64 monitor gadget working? It is much easier to read than the normal gadget and I use 8gadgetpack to enable windows 7 gadgets on windows 10 I have a nice sidebar on my second monitor but would love to not have to click shared memory support every 12 hours. This is what it looks like on my second monitor. Version 6.42 does not display/list my gpu vram temp sensor and I have seen reddit posts of even older versions of hwinfo64 causing windows errors on rx 6000 gpus

Attachments

• gadget.png
    gadget.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 6
The HWiNFOMonitor was developed by another person and doesn't seem to be maintained anymore so chances to update this similar to Rainmeter are rather small.

Yes, if it's used for educational purposes.
Greetings Martin and thank you for developing this wonderful program. I've seen it asked before, but have not found a response. Would you consider a lifetime purchase option for personal use? Like many others, the shared memory change has affected my only use of the program, which was to display some info on my streamdeck device. I've read I can stick with version 6.42 but I'm already seeing differences with mobo bios updates (the latest MSI Tomahawk x570 bios does not allow HWiNFO to see the CPU Average temp and v7+ displays it just fine). I want to contribute to you, but for my use case, $25 is too much on a yearly basis. I would have no problem paying a fair lifetime cost.

Thank you for the consideration.

Hi Martin,
Big fan of HWiNFO, hope you get the support you need from this, certainly deserve it.
Am I correct in thinking if I just use HWInfo (personal use) to monitor my PC (no other software interrogating it) the time limits on Shared Memory Interface won't affect my use?

Hi Martin,
Big fan of HWiNFO, hope you get the support you need from this, certainly deserve it.
Am I correct in thinking if I just use HWInfo (personal use) to monitor my PC (no other software interrogating it) the time limits on Shared Memory Interface won't affect my use?

That's correct, Shared Memory limits affect only other software pulling data from HWiNFO.

I was sitting on the Paypal checkout screen while reading the fine print on the Licensing page. $25 is a totally reasonable price. But, not for one year of updates. I would pay more for a lifetime license and less to renew annually. My two cents. Thanks

Back