Incorrect Voltage?

patchouly

Installed a new Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus. Running Windows 8 64 bit and, consequently the hwinfo64.

HWINFO reports my 12 volt rail as 10.343V and doesn't seem to change (min, max and current all read the same). I used a multi-meter on a molex connector and got 12v at the same time that HWinfo was reporting 10.343V.

Just to be sure, I also checked the BIOS and, at the time, it was reading 19.99V.

(I tried to attach the report but it said there was a maximum of 100k and wouldn't allow me to attach it.)

That might be because HWiNFO doesn't fully support your mainboard's sensors, but it's very strange that the BIOS reports an invalid value too.
To check this in detail I need the HWiNFO Report File including sensor data (and maybe the Debug File too). If the file won't attach, please pack it (ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc).

Martin said:
Thanks for your report, you attached all required information, so I can fix this in the next build released.

Skif_off said:
Unfortunately my English is bad, in a few words:
Asus M5A99X EVO (AMI UEFI BIOS v1604), Windows 7 x64, HWiNFO64 v4.08-1800 and latest beta v4.09-1815 (with AIDA64 2.70.2239 Beta and HWMonitor 1.21)
http://i52.fastpic.ru/big/2012/1215/7c/d171b8a812c99128f06b73fd22bac87c.png
Report File and Debug File: http://rghost.ru/42279538
Martin! Thank you very much for your response! I handed him Skif_off of forum.ru-board.com and together we can verify that it will see. Personally, I have such a card is not there because I would help him as his knowledge engineer. Thank you again and wish you a Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

Thanks, it's easy to fix such things when I get all required information. If there are any other users with such issues, just let them know.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!
Before Christmas I'm planning to release a new version of HWiNFO ;) Might be in 1-2 days...

Martin said:
Thanks, it's easy to fix such things when I get all required information. If there are any other users with such issues, just let them know.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!
Before Christmas I'm planning to release a new version of HWiNFO ;) Might be in 1-2 days...
Thank you so much! Now I will write about this topic in children. If chtouznayu - after validation measurements immediately tell. After all, it is something that people from inexperience did wrong and got the error of measurement that was taken for the correct answer.

Yes, it can be confusing. Unfortunately there's no universal way to properly report sensor values on all mainboards, because every model usually requires different adjustments. Manufacturers usually don't publish information about this, so I have to determine it per each model. Now imagine how many models are out there and how much work it requires ;)
There will always be some models which HWiNFO doesn't yet support, but if users report this (with all required information), then I do my best...

VID is the voltage requested by CPU and Vcore is the really measured voltage. There can be a difference between them in case the mainboard applies offset to the requested voltage.

Martin said:
That might be because HWiNFO doesn't fully support your mainboard's sensors, but it's very strange that the BIOS reports an invalid value too.
To check this in detail I need the HWiNFO Report File including sensor data (and maybe the Debug File too). If the file won't attach, please pack it (ZIP, RAR, 7z, etc).

Sorry I was gone so long. My life got a bit crazy there. Anyway, I noticed I'm still getting 10.277Vs on the 12+. Volt meter reads 12V and the bios is reporting 11.78v

I will attempt to attach the report again.

Attachments

• PC.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the report. Unfortunately it doesn't contain the sensor data (you'd need to enable the "Log all values for Report (consumes memory)") option to have them included.
Alternatively it might be sufficient if you'd attach a screenshot of the sensors window, so I can see the exact values reported.

Martin said:
Thanks for the report. Unfortunately it doesn't contain the sensor data (you'd need to enable the "Log all values for Report (consumes memory)") option to have them included.
Alternatively it might be sufficient if you'd attach a screenshot of the sensors window, so I can see the exact values reported.

Okay, I added the check to "Log all values for Report (consumes memory)" and re-generated the report. Hopefully the sensor info is in there (Sensor info is check in the list of things to include).

I've also added a screen shot of the sensor values (voltage section), just in case. It's in the zip pack with the log file.

Thanks a million for the amazing program and for checking into this for me!

Attachments

• PC.zip
    196.4 KB · Views: 1
I just wanted to say that this is one of the most useful programs I've ever had the pleasure of owning. I am constantly recommending it to techs, computer guys and even home PC owners. Just an all around great program!

Thanks for putting it together for us!

Back