inpoutx64.sys driver and HWiNFO

AeroZ

Hi.

I'm not sure which application has installed it and what it does exactly but what I see is that every time I open HWiNFO this driver's "Accessed" time/date gets updated.
Does HWiNFO install this driver or what's it for?

That driver has nothing to do with HWiNFO, I have no idea where it came from and HWiNFO doesn't touch it directly.

Since I also found this file on my system I had a look at the file's version information by looking at its properties. It says "Highresolution Enterprises [www.highrez.co.uk]" as Company Name. Visiting this website offers downloads for InpOut32 (x64) in the form of DLLs, inpout32.dll and inpoutx64.dll (and these DLLs contain the driver). Knowing this I searched around my system and found them in the ZenTimings directory. I'm quite sure this driver can also be bundled with other software.

Regards
Dalai

Since I also found this file on my system I had a look at the file's version information by looking at its properties. It says "Highresolution Enterprises [www.highrez.co.uk]" as Company Name. Visiting this website offers downloads for InpOut32 (x64) in the form of DLLs, inpout32.dll and inpoutx64.dll (and these DLLs contain the driver). Knowing this I searched around my system and found them in the ZenTimings directory. I'm quite sure this driver can also be bundled with other software.

Regards
Dalai
I've used ZenTimings but I haven't had it for some time. Downloaded it again and ran it but inpout driver wasn't accessed by doing that.

Yup, this seems to be a driver exposing generic access to several hardware resources. Not very safe IMO, especially if it allows arbitrary access to physical memory or access from applications without elevated administrative rights.
It might be used by several different applications that need access to hardware, I think that CTR is using it too.

Back