installation error updating to 7.2

smbrm

I received the following error message during update:An error occurred trying to replace an existing file: Delete file failed ; code 5. Access denied
Any suggested solutions?

That might mean HWiNFO is currently running. You need to close it before upgrading. Another reason might be that you don't have Administrative rights.

That might mean HWiNFO is currently running. You need to close it before upgrading. Another reason might be that you don't have Administrative rights.

I get this problem, too. Every time I close HWINFO and try to install the newest update (7.36 from 7.32) it just auto starts the old program before I can get anything done. I tried deleting it from the installed apps and it disappears, but still autoruns! I tried installing it to a new folder and then shutting down HWINFO64 7.32 and starting the new application but that doesn't work either. Won't let me replace the old one in the old folder either. I'm thinking it has to do with the auto-restart that keeps happening but I can't find a way to stop that either. Any ideas?

Are you perhaps running MSI Afterburner with the HWiNFO plugin activated? That's known to re-spawn HWiNFO. So if yes, close MSI AB first, then HWiNFO.

Are you perhaps running MSI Afterburner with the HWiNFO plugin activated? That's known to re-spawn HWiNFO. So if yes, close MSI AB first, then HWiNFO.
That did, it! TY very much. Closed MSI then closed HWINFO and ran the new version install and it went right through!

Back