Is This Behavior Okay for the GPU and PCIe Voltages Under Gaming Load?

Dave1001

my GPU Core Voltage sits anywhere from 0.7-0.9v in games, and sometimes can spike fairly frequently up to 1.06-1.08v, which is the highest I've seen personally. to my understanding, when the GPU requests more voltage and power, it causes a sag in the +12v PCIe rail voltage

I was playing my game, and I grabbed a screenshot of the aftermath once I got out of the activity (I was still in-game at the time)
1685521807090.png
do the maximum numbers (the voltages and the wattages) look reasonable for the amount of power I was drawing? and is it expected for the voltages to fluctuate under this kind of gaming load? I play with a 60fps Vsync cap, and I believe the 8-pin has a max wattage of 150w? and the 6-pin has a max of 75w? is the PCIe +12v wattage close to its max at 27w, and is it also safe to drop as low as 11.85 under load

it isn't always in the 11.8v range, but that's what it can sag to; typically the game usually sags the 12v line into the 11.9-12v ranges, with a sparse 11.8v drop, but when I do 'bigger' activities, it can drop into 11.8v more frequently here and there

Looks OK to me, 11.8V is still within acceptable range and quite common.
thanks, good to know. I get kind of uncomfortable seeing 11.8 but if it’s common, I’ll try and get used to it

how much should gpu and pcie voltage be fluctuating by the way as well? is it like CPU voltage where it’s always changing, or should it be more static than mine

Yes, the GPU voltage fluctuates similar to CPU. Everything depends on usage and type of load.

Yes, the GPU voltage fluctuates similar to CPU. Everything depends on usage and type of load.
makes sense, I was wondering because sometimes my gpu voltage is relatively static with the occasional spikes up to higher voltages

and other times it fluctuates a lot more up and down, on the same loads

Back