IMPORTANT License update + introduction of Lifetime license

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
As of July 25 2023 we're performing the following changes to HWiNFO64 Pro licensing:
  1. Due to inflation and related overall cost increase we are sorry to announce the need to slightly increase price of the Subscription license.
    The price of basic Personal license will change from $25 to $29.
    Other related licenses (Engineer, Corporate) and volume discounts will be affected in a similar manner.

2. We're introducing a new Lifetime (Perpetual) License !
    We listened to user feedback and a significant demand for a perpetual license, so we're responding by finally introducing a lifetime license.
    This license is a one-time purchase covering all updates of HWiNFO64 Pro.
    The basic Personal Lifetime License starts at $129 $89.
Stay tuned for another big(ger) announcement and release in the next few days ;)

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support.

Last edited:
Great news about the perpetual license, I was hoping this would be available one day! If I hadn't recently prolonged my license to have nearly 2 years of validity, I'd have gone perpetual immediately.

Thanks for the continued development of the software and your help in the forums.

First - A $4 increase is very minimal IMHO and I thought the increase would be larger. Kudos for keeping the increase so low.

Second - YEAH for a Perpetual License! Worth every penny. I see the option is already available. Since I already have an active license, should I just buy the perpetual license now or should I wait until the current license is about to expire? Since the Perpetual License is perpetual, it seems there is no point in waiting for the current license period to expire. Is this correct?

Second - YEAH for a Perpetual License! Worth every penny. I see the option is already available. Since I already have an active license, should I just buy the perpetual license now or should I wait until the current license is about to expire? Since the Perpetual License is perpetual, it seems there is no point in waiting for the current license period to expire. Is this correct?

Yes. from technical perspective it makes no sense to wait, so it's completely up to you when you decide to purchase it.

Hello Team!

I have been a long time user of HWinfo at a personal level. My Team and I needed a good Temp reader in the Commercial space, for an operation we are doing, and I am very happy to see Perpetual Licensing when I popped over.

Before I have my Purchasing department go full in, @Martin I am deeply curious: for the Commercial Licensing portion: if we purchase a single Commercial, Perpetual License [edited] for a Machine, can I install this on other machines if first we REMOVE from the prior?

It's not everyday we need to use this, and I want to ensure we remain within the Terms of Service for this. Any info will be helpful here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello Team!

I have been a long time user of HWinfo at a personal level. My Team and I needed a good Temp reader in the Commercial space, for an operation we are doing, and I am very happy to see Perpetual Licensing when I popped over.

Before I have my Purchasing department go full in, @Martin I am deeply curious: for the Commercial Licensing portion: if we purchase a single Commercial, Perpetual License [edited] for a Machine, can I install this on other machines if first we REMOVE from the prior?

It's not everyday we need to use this, and I want to ensure we remain within the Terms of Service for this. Any info will be helpful here.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, if you uninstall it from one machine and move over to another one, it will comply with the licensing terms.

Hey Martin. I just bought the lifetime Pro license and have a question.

I received a reminder email that my annual license was going to auto-renew in 8 days. Before I purchased the lifetime license, I logged into the 2Chekout portal and disabled the auto-renew. I was concerned that the old annual license would automatically renew and I would end up with a lifetime license and an annual license for another year. Was doing this necessary? I used the same name and email address to purchase the new lifetime license but was not sure if doing so would automatically stop the auto-renewal of the annual license. I figured I would ask since others may have the same question.

Hey Martin. I just bought the lifetime Pro license and have a question.

I received a reminder email that my annual license was going to auto-renew in 8 days. Before I purchased the lifetime license, I logged into the 2Chekout portal and disabled the auto-renew. I was concerned that the old annual license would automatically renew and I would end up with a lifetime license and an annual license for another year. Was doing this necessary? I used the same name and email address to purchase the new lifetime license but was not sure if doing so would automatically stop the auto-renewal of the annual license. I figured I would ask since others may have the same question.

Yes, that was necessary as the Subscription and Lifetime license are considered separate, there's no link between them. So purchasing the Lifetime license by a client that already has the Subscription won't automatically cancel renew of the latter one.

Yes, that was necessary as the Subscription and Lifetime license are considered separate, there's no link between them. So purchasing the Lifetime license by a client that already has the Subscription won't automatically cancel renew of the latter one.
Thanks, Martin. That is what I thought so I am glad that I disabled the auto-renewal. Hopefully, my post will help someone else not make a mistake and end up with a lifetime license and a renewed annual license. BTW - Thanks again for offering the lifetime license.

The new License is a good way, the $ prices are without EU VAT so € prices will be as usuall higher? As usual, please list the (final) EUR end user prices as well..
A e.g. 3Y license would be also a good idea. I had a lifetime license for the (very good) SUMO and DUMO tools and finally they stopped business after 2y of Lifetime license usage.

Last edited:
Prices are without added tax which varies from country to country. Some don't have any tax, some have other types of added taxes than VAT. For example some U.S. states also have a tax.
The final price depending on your country is displayed at checkout.
There are also 2 and 3 year licenses available.

I have a Lifetime license, for HWinfoPro, but the 7.72 version is telling me that "The maintenance period for your license is expired and this version is no longer covered by it". Please advise.

Thank you!

I have a Lifetime license, for HWinfoPro, but the 7.72 version is telling me that "The maintenance period for your license is expired and this version is no longer covered by it". Please advise.

Thank you!

Are you perhaps using an old key for the subscription license instead of the lifetime one? I have sent you a personal message to discuss further details.

Back