Log file location?

When I first logged some data a week or two ago it seemed to store the log on my desktop.

I deleted that file, but now when trying to log, it's not showing up there.

Where should I be looking for the log?

Thanks!

It should be storing it into the current directory.
Try to start a manual logfile creation, the popup dialog for selecting the destination should be the same folder.

Martin said:
It should be storing it into the current directory.
Try to start a manual logfile creation, the popup dialog for selecting the destination should be the same folder.

Thank you Martin, but still confused.

I click on "Log all values for Report"...  And nothing happens. 

I mean I think it previously did, as there was a log file on my desktop.  No longer.

I checked my AppData folders...  Nothing there either...  Well no HWINFO folder at least?

Thanks,

There are two different log files that can be generated.
One is the HWiNFO Report File, which can be created from the main HWiNFO screen with hardware inventory and the "Log all values for Report" setting determines if sensor values will be included in the report too. This is not available in Sensor-only mode, as in this mode the main hardware inventory and respective windows are not available.
The other one is the sensor logfile, which contains only sensor data. This can be created from the main sensors window (button at bottom of the window) or using a keyboard shortcut.

Martin said:
There are two different log files that can be generated.
One is the HWiNFO Report File, which can be created from the main HWiNFO screen with hardware inventory and the "Log all values for Report" setting determines if sensor values will be included in the report too. This is not available in Sensor-only mode, as in this mode the main hardware inventory and respective windows are not available.
The other one is the sensor logfile, which contains only sensor data. This can be created from the main sensors window (button at bottom of the window) or using a keyboard shortcut.

Wow now I feel stupid.  Yes I see that button now.  Thank you Martin :)

Ok so I was able to open a log file earlier - but just once.

Now I'm getting an error:

"The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0"

I'm really perplexed. It really worked earlier. I'm 99% sure I haven't installed or uninstalled anything since then. The file I opened earlier I cannot open. I have rebooted at least twice.

Tons of google data out there but nothing specific to HWINFO. Any ideas what occurred?

Back