M17x R2 issues

_nathan_

[attachment=1155][attachment=1156][attachment=1157][attachment=1158][attachment=1159]

I have recently upgraded my laptop with a SSD + 7970m. Did a fresh install, updated drivers an so on ..... everything installed and working great.  

But it seems I can't get Hwinfo64 to run stable for anything, and I cant figure it out. I just recently had a BSOD, but mostly what happens is my laptop just powers off for no reason.

I have been able to get it up and running like now, and even in game it works great, but after I leave a game an let laptop run idle I will come back to a shutdown computer.

I have also recently noticed that if I try to start MSI Afterburn the computer freezes completely and I have to do a hard restart.

Here are some pics an files to help with figuring this out.... Just don't understand what I screwed up cause before I upgraded I used HWinfo64 gloriously and loved it especially the fan control.

well... I just over written the debug file (by accident) so any info that was there is not there no more.

Attachments

• raspptpBSOD.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
  • sensorstatus1.png
    sensorstatus1.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 3
  • sensorstatus2.png
    sensorstatus2.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 2
  • settingsgeneral.png
    settingsgeneral.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 2
  • settingssafety.png
    settingssafety.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 2
_nathan_ said:
I have recently upgraded my laptop with a SSD + 7970m. Did a fresh install, updated drivers an so on ..... everything installed and working great.  

But it seems I can't get Hwinfo64 to run stable for anything, and I cant figure it out. I just recently had a BSOD, but mostly what happens is my laptop just powers off for no reason.

I have been able to get it up and running like now, and even in game it works great, but after I leave a game an let laptop run idle I will come back to a shutdown computer.

I have also recently noticed that if I try to start MSI Afterburn the computer freezes completely and I have to do a hard restart.

Here are some pics an files to help with figuring this out.... Just don't understand what I screwed up cause before I upgraded I used HWinfo64 gloriously and loved it especially the fan control.

well... I just over written the debug file (by accident) so any info that was there is not there no more.

I just added another attachment of my system incase it can help with sorting the issue.

Does your computer BSOD or shutdown when HWiNFO64 is active, or does it also when you don't have it running ?
In case you're sure it's related to HWiNFO, I'll need you to reproduce it and post the HWiNFO Debug File created.
From the screenshots you posted I cannot see whether your GPU has some additional (I2C) sensors. But if it does you might try to disable GPU I2C Support to see if that maybe helps.

Martin said:
Does your computer BSOD or shutdown when HWiNFO64 is active, or does it also when you don't have it running ?
In case you're sure it's related to HWiNFO, I'll need you to reproduce it and post the HWiNFO Debug File created.
From the screenshots you posted I cannot see whether your GPU has some additional (I2C) sensors. But if it does you might try to disable GPU I2C Support to see if that maybe helps.

I got the BSOD when I tried to open HWinfo64, but it was only when after a warning from Dell EC came up, and it gave me the option to disable or continue. As soon as I choose continue it gives me BSOD. So far this has happened twice yesterday. Since I have been separating the debug files everytime I open an close HWinfo before an after rebooting, I have noticed that everything seems to be operating fine an stable...for now anyways... I have only noticed one time of lag when extracting a download for a software app for my headset but I did let it finish, then rebooted with no problems. Also, when I have restarted my computer, as of today so far, it has not gotten hung on the shutdown/logout screen.

So for now, not sure if my laptop cured itself or not, but I will be keeping the debug mode on everytime I have HWinfo running so if anymore issues arise I will just post them here for you to look at.

Again thanks, for such an awesome app and fan control system, if it wasn't for your fan control I doubt the M17x R2's would be able to keep up with the newer GPU's that have come out :D

You might also want to disable that DELL EC sensor (or entire EC Support in Configure).
If you don't have any issues, then disable Debug Mode, since it slows down HWiNFO (and the system).

Back