Hello guys, so first of all my rig:

Intel Xeon Processor E3-1230V2 [8M Cache, 3.30 GHz]
MSI RADEON™ RX 480 GAMING X 8G
RAM Goodram 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz CL10
PSU: Corsair VS 650W
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G43 LGA 1155 (G3)
SSD Samsung 850 evo pro
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

So I had a weird problem when playing some demanding games like Battlefield1, suddenly my fps droped significantly, to the level I wasn't able to play. So I started to monitor what is happening on my system while the fps drops. What I found out is that when the fps goes extremely low all 4 cores of my Xeon drops their clock speed to 1,6Ghz from 3,5Ghz, but why? I look at the temps and an all 4 cores the max tmp is 62 dgrs, nothing special, I tried to reset bios settings nothing changed, and then I found out the issue, but I don't know what is this? In hwinfo my mainboard have one row named T1, and it has very high values while playing games, and when it hits above 100 dgrs the clock speed drop happens. I have no idea what this T1 could be and that's the problem. Tried to find anything on google, but what I found out is that this T1-4 depends from the mainboard. So any idea what this could be, and potential fixes?

qdBUJ86.png

This is the screenshot just after the system startup, and with browswer opened only and still it has 56dgrs. When playing battlefield 1 it hits even 112 dgrs.

T1 is just a generic value and it might not provide correct values on your mainboard.
I'd suggest to first compare with the MSI Core Center or similar tool from MSI if it shows that temperature.

You should also check the status of "Thermal Throttling" in HWiNFO sensors. If this is active, then this is the reason for clock throttling.

Martin said:
T1 is just a generic value and it might not provide correct values on your mainboard.
I'd suggest to first compare with the MSI Core Center or similar tool from MSI if it shows that temperature.

You should also check the status of "Thermal Throttling" in HWiNFO sensors. If this is active, then this is the reason for clock throttling.

The thermal throttling says 'no' even when the cores goes down to 1,6Ghz, as I said the core temps are at about 60 dgrs, yet when the T1 hits above 100 dgrs there is throtling on cpu

Then please check with MSI Core Center whether the reported high temperature is real.

Martin said:
Then please check with MSI Core Center whether the reported high temperature is real.

Can you give me any download link to it? Cause all I find is MSI Dual Core Center and it says it don't suport my system

See if any temperature reported by Control Center correlates with T1 in HWiNFO. If not, then T1 should not be valid.

Martin said:
See if any temperature reported by Control Center correlates with T1 in HWiNFO. If not, then T1 should not be valid.

But this T1 corelates with cpu throtling

T1 above 100:
MiIGMvZ.png

T1 below 100:
qSqKNJJ.png

I'm afraid, this is a mainboard-specific function and only MSI knows exactly, so you should try to contact their support.
If it's really caused by a flawed sensor that is initiating CPU throttling (based on wrong temperature), then you might try the ThrottleStop tool to disable Bi-Directional PROCHOT signal and see if that helps.

Martin said:
I'm afraid, this is a mainboard-specific function and only MSI knows exactly, so you should try to contact their support.
If it's really caused by a flawed sensor that is initiating CPU throttling (based on wrong temperature), then you might try the ThrottleStop tool to disable Bi-Directional PROCHOT signal and see if that helps.

Well ... thanks for all the help, when I disable BD Prochot everything runs perfect but you know ... this T1 reaches even 117 dgrs, if it is flawed sensor it is not problem but ... what if the sensor is fine and my motherboard will fry someday? Eh ... I don't know what to do, and MSI is silent :(

Wicher said:
Hello guys, so first of all my rig:

Intel Xeon Processor E3-1230V2 [8M Cache, 3.30 GHz]
MSI RADEON™ RX 480 GAMING X 8G
RAM Goodram 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz CL10
PSU: Corsair VS 650W
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-G43 LGA 1155 (G3)
SSD Samsung 850 evo pro
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

So I had a weird problem when playing some demanding games like Battlefield1, suddenly my fps droped significantly, to the level I wasn't able to play. So I started to monitor what is happening on my system while the fps drops. What I found out is that when the fps goes extremely low all 4 cores of my Xeon drops their clock speed to 1,6Ghz from 3,5Ghz, but why? I look at the temps and an all 4 cores the max tmp is 62 dgrs, nothing special, I tried to reset bios settings nothing changed, and then I found out the issue, but I don't know what is this? In hwinfo my mainboard have one row named T1, and it has very high values while playing games, and when it hits above 100 dgrs the clock speed drop happens. I have no idea what this T1 could be and that's the problem. Tried to find anything on google, but what I found out is that this T1-4 depends from the mainboard. So any idea what this could be, and potential fixes?

qdBUJ86.png

This is the screenshot just after the system startup, and with browswer opened only and still it has 56dgrs. When playing battlefield 1 it hits even 112 dgrs.

Hi,
i have excatly the same problem with my MSI Z68A-G43. I tried everything but nothing solves the problem.
When i disable BD PROCHOT seems everything runs perfect for me and i have same T1 value seems overheat and activates BD PROCHOT.

Did you find any clue or fix for the problem?
Did you contact MSI support, they are ignoring me?

LoremIpsum said:
Hi,
i have excatly the same problem with my MSI Z68A-G43. I tried everything but nothing solves the problem.
When i disable BD PROCHOT seems everything runs perfect for me and i have same T1 value seems overheat and activates BD PROCHOT.

Well I kinda found the "solution" the T1 temperature was the north or south bridge temperature i don't remeber (probalby south) and the problem was just the temperatures inside my case. The first what I did was fan at the side of the case that was blowing directly at the bridge and BOOM problem solved. Later I bought a new case, managed cables and when the air flow was good, the motherboard wasn't overheating. And that's it ;) Hope it helps :)

Wicher said:
LoremIpsum said:
Hi,

Well I kinda found the "solution" the T1 temperature was the north or south bridge temperature i don't remeber (probalby south) and the problem was just the temperatures inside my case. The first what I did was fan at the side of the case that was blowing directly at the bridge and BOOM problem solved. Later I bought a new case, managed cables and when the air flow was good, the motherboard wasn't overheating. And that's it ;) Hope it helps :)

Sir, you are a true gentlemen and hero coz you replied me.

I just realised my side panel fan directs to upper side of the Mobo, and my GPU blocks the airflow north to sout,
Changed the slot of the sidepannel fan to the South,its now blowing to under the GPU direct to the South Bridge.
T1 temperature is 40C in load, which is perfect.
No more problem.

SALUTE!  :idea:

LoremIpsum said:
I just realised my side panel fan directs to upper side of the Mobo, and my GPU blocks the airflow north to sout,
Changed the slot of the sidepannel fan to the South,its now blowing to under the GPU direct to the South Bridge.
T1 temperature is 40C in load, which is perfect.
No more problem.

SALUTE!  :idea:

No problem :)
I'm glad I was able to help

Back