Memory values

Martin said:
HWiNFO seems to be correct, or do you see any errors there?

i find the listing a bit confusing with missing values:
tRC missing 27
tWR should be 8
tWTR missing 4
tCWL missing 6
Uncore Multiplier missing 16
Uncore Speed missing 8

XTU displays only command rate as 2T (with the T) others only numbers

could you look and compare the values again?

thanks advance

I'm not listing some values, because I don't know how to read them from the memory controller (not even advanced documentation contains them).
I have seen on more machines that XTU doesn't properly display some items, but in that case it's a bug in BIOS - I'm following the specification and interpreting received values according to the requirements. Sometimes a BIOS update can fix this.

Martin said:
I'm not listing some values, because I don't know how to read them from the memory controller (not even advanced documentation contains them).
I have seen on more machines that XTU doesn't properly display some items, but in that case it's a bug in BIOS - I'm following the specification and interpreting received values according to the requirements. Sometimes a BIOS update can fix this.

the listings i gave you are directly from the BIOS. I do not use XTU anymore, cause it's buggy and causes even problems to the BIOS. So HWinfo is quite an important tool, cause it's the only one reading nearly all values.

But these memory parameters you are listing are just not right completely.

I have rechecked the XTU information provided by HWiNFO and I will update some values there, but that's all I'm able to do for now.

Martin said:
I have rechecked the XTU information provided by HWiNFO and I will update some values there, but that's all I'm able to do for now.

great thanks.

i'm sure the DX58SO2 users will be happy to get a relieable measuring tool for their board.

:rolleyes:

Martin said:

Any chance to get an update with relieable results comparable with the XTU measurings?

As I told the DX58SO2 users can not use the XTU cause of heavy disadvantages for the BIOS state.

Thanks in advance.

A new Beta release is planned for tomorrow.
But I'm not sure if this update will adderss the issues with XTU values reported on your machine.

Martin said:
A new Beta release is planned for tomorrow.
But I'm not sure if this update will adderss the issues with XTU values reported on your machine.

would it help making a screenshot about xtu reading ram settings,
that hwinfo would report in same order and manner?

I mean the actual memory readings in hwinfo do not give a dx58so2 user the information he needs.
xtu would give him the information, but since this program is buggy it is not recommended to use it.

so i proposed to make a screenshot of xtu memory readings.
and you could display these readings in same manner and order in hwinfo.

I don't think that using XTU reported values instead of current memory timings is a good idea, because I've seen boards which don't return correct XTU information.
The Current Memory Timings in HWiNFO are based on direct queries from memory controller, whereas XTU information relies solely on proper BIOS support.

Which BIOS information? There are several types of information and interfaces to BIOS.

If you mean to read the all the settings you make in BIOS, then no - I can't read them. That's BIOS vendor specific.
I can read some of them via XTU, but that depends on BIOS implementation.
I always prefer to read settings straight from hardware.

Back