Monitoring voltage offset

todda7

Hi Martin,

In the main window it's possible to get a readout of voltage offsets for Core, Cache, GT (graphics) and SA (System Agent; graphics media). Is it possible to get them in the Sensors window? Do you know the MSR addresses for these offsets? 

Thank you

Yes, that information is only available in the main window because it doesn't change during run time. It's not a true sensor value, just a setting.
Would it make any sense to have those values constantly monitored ?

Martin said:
Yes, that information is only available in the main window because it doesn't change during run time. It's not a true sensor value, just a setting.
Would it make any sense to have those values constantly monitored ?

That's a good point. They can be changed (during run time) with Intel XTU or Throttlestop, so it's rather helpful particularly for undervolting laptops, but I suppose the reading in the main window updates once in a while so that's more than good enough. They're read from the MSR, right? If so do you know the addresses? I'm having some trouble setting the offsets permanently; I think there's a power saving feature or something interfering ...

OK, I will reconsider adding these values into sensors. However there is already a large amount of values reported, some users already think it's more than enough and confusing.
I'm sorry, but the register definitions are confidential, so I cannot share this information.

Martin said:
OK, I will reconsider adding these values into sensors. However there is already a large amount of values reported, some users already think it's more than enough and confusing.
I'm sorry, but the register definitions are confidential, so I cannot share this information.

Alright, that's too bad. OCCT, which I think uses HWInfo as backend, reports on the offsets and has been really useful. In HWInfo proper the offsets could disabled in the sensor window by default, leaving it up to the user to enable them.

Back