MSI Afterburner VS HWinfo64

Nitwam

Hi,
Im a bit new to monitoring software. I originally have been using MSI Afterburner however was recommended Hwinfo by a friend.
I have noticed that my CPU temps on afterburner are always 1-10c higher than what’s recorded on CPU package on HWinfo. I was wondering why this is? It’s likely the temps will never always match but when there is sometimes a 10c gap between them I get a bit confused.

There are many temperature sensors in the CPU and these are also evaluated differently. The CPU Package value for example is the averaged temperature among all sensors in the CPU. The tooltip will tell you more about the meaning.

So the reason why there is a difference in cpu temperature readings between HWinfo and MSI Afterburner is because both softwares likely read off different sensors to get the overall temperature?

Yes. I don't know what exact value in MSI AB are you referring to. HWiNFO should report all CPU temperatures that can be read, so if you check them all you might find one that correlates with AB.

The temperature I’m referring to in MSI AB is just called CPU temperate. (Screenshot comparing to HWinfo CPU Package)
AB seems to always be a bit higher and HWinfo. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about but I’m just curious as to why this is the case.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 6
The temperature I’m referring to in MSI AB is just called CPU temperate. (Screenshot comparing to HWinfo CPU Package)
AB seems to always be a bit higher and HWinfo. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about but I’m just curious as to why this is the case.
What @Martin is saying is that you can check all CPU temp readings in HWiNFO and see if any of them matches the AB reading.
Try in the “CPU enhanced” section of the sensors window.

Back