No memory information reported

mimimito

Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum in order to report missing information. In the summary screen, there are no reported memory modules, please see the attached file "summary.png"

I'm using a brazilian Samsung AtivBook 6, model NP670Z5E-XD1BR and the latest HWINFO64 stable version.

I have attached the required debug and report files too.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you in advance.  :D

Attachments

• ATIVROD.HTM
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    843.5 KB · Views: 2
  • summary.png
    summary.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
It looks like memory in this notebook doesn't provide and details (SPD). Is it possible that it has soldered memory chips/modules on board ? In that case it would not be possible to report this information.

mimimito

This is hardware problem's - this memory modules or not have compatible SPD rev. 1.1 table or have >= 2 Rank (internal logical memory bank) on module or market "For AMD" (???) - such modules are often going to be discarded from the main production of chips, or chips smaller capacity with connection lines CS (Chip Select) to older lines Axx address. On the AMD K8 benefit there, "omnivorous" memory controller they work, and on any CPU Intel or AMD K10 and newer or do not start or run correctly. In principle, it is not difficult to verify using MemTest86+ v5.0.2 selecting the test settings "to use all the CPU core, x64 mode" and putting in the BIOS mode Simmetric Dual Chanel - usually in this mode, the test modules with similar memory controller hangs.

But in your case I would recommend you to immediately replace the modules DDR3L example made SK Hinix, Samsung, Micron - manufacturers of these chips to collect their own production and marriage in their products almost does not occur.

Martin said:
It looks like memory in this notebook doesn't provide and details (SPD). Is it possible that it has soldered memory chips/modules on board ? In that case it would not be possible to report this information.
You nailed it... the memory is soldered :(

VictorVG said:
But in your case I would recommend you to immediately replace the modules DDR3L example made SK Hinix, Samsung, Micron - manufacturers of these chips to collect their own production and marriage in their products almost does not occur.

Since the memory is soldered, I can't replace it :( but I do know that there is one slot for additional memory DDR3 1600MHz. I'll buy another module soon.

Thank you guys.

Fun. :( Apparently the plant went on a solution to reduce the cost of the final product - the memory chips are cheaper in bulk than the modules, then the model was designed as a low cost and can give no more little surprises. Then I would think about selling such a device entirely and replaced with nothing ....

[attachment=2107]
It is characteristic of the Windows 10 x64.
In the Windows 7 x64 it wasn't.

Attachments

• memory_empty.png
    memory_empty.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 7
That might also be because of Hyper-V (as seen on your screenshot). Try to disable it and see if it will help.

Back