Odd Bus/Pci Speed Reading?

Jafaro

According to HWinfo my Bus Speed and my PCI Speed which is tied to it fluctuates between 93mhz and 109mhz (not seen that high or low in the screenshot, but these are as far as I have seen them go). As you can see in the screenshot, they only spike up or down for about 3 seconds. The time between them can be only a minute or several minutes. Also to note, I am not overclocking and my system is 100% stable. I am a bit concerned because the pci speed can lead to problem if that's truly correct. However, I am wondering if this is just a sensor glitch or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ALPHA-C85.HTM
    165.3 KB · Views: 5
  • HW.jpg
    HW.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 10
  • HWiNFO64.DBG.7z
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
This is because of a glitch in measuring of BCLK clock, I'm sure your PCIe bus clock is OK.
You might try to disable the "Use HPET" option in HWiNFO to see if that fixes it, or disable "Periodic polling".

Jafaro

Hardware-bus frequency is determined by the generator covered loop PLL (phase locked loop) consisting of reference (usually stabilized quartz) generator, a phase comparator and the divider (multi-stage counter) output signal which controls the common voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) with which, and removed a clock for the bus . In some implementations, the PLL divider is used with a fixed division factor, in other counter division factor (since it is always an integer selected level defined counter status which should coincide by "AND" RESET for generating counter output signal is used as the signal) can be controlled, and then to reduce energy consumption and heating circuit clock frequency while reducing the processing load is reduced, the scheme does not lead to a breach of health in general. The main condition is the output frequency of the bus outside the acceptable standard values, and if the frequency values ​​are within the range, then everything is in order.

Martin said:
This is because of a glitch in measuring of BCLK clock, I'm sure your PCIe bus clock is OK.
You might try to disable the "Use HPET" option in HWiNFO to see if that fixes it, or disable "Periodic polling".

I had to turn off "Periodic polling" for it to stay correct. Disabling the "Use HPET" did not work. I'm glad to hear it's just a glitch though. Thanks for your help!

VictorVG: That's a lot of info, thanks.

Back