Package C6 State Zen2 X570

TGP

What affects HWinfo to display "Package C6 Residency" on a Ryzen based system?
There is no such entry on my system, but other users with the same motherboard have a working readout. Is there anything in the BIOS that could affect especially the Package C-State? Every single energysaving function is on.

I tested with different BIOS versions, both were working on other Mainboards. I just can't figure out which setting might stop Package C-State from working. Low current idle is activated in the BIOS. Even a clear CMOS didn't help.

What affects HWinfo to display "Package C6 Residency" on a Ryzen based system?
There is no such entry on my system, but other users with the same motherboard have a working readout. Is there anything in the BIOS that could affect especially the Package C-State? Every single energysaving function is on.
If you mean that you have the reading on sensors window but it’s a constant 0% it might be the power plan you are using. And the specific settings inside that power plan.

If you don’t see it at all then try the latest version of HWiNFO.

It's not there at all. I even reinstalled Windows to test this further. I tried different HWInfo Versions, also the latest beta.

3900X, MSI X570 Unify. Other people with 3700X/3950X on the same mainboard don't have the problem, not even on other bios versions.

There are other C-State controls in BIOS other than Low Current Idle. Do you know of them?

And may I ask what is your current readings on C0, C1, C6 Residency on HWiNFO with typical low/middle workloads? Like idling, browsing, watching videos, youtube... stuff like that.

Like this after a few hours

1597428286713.png

Last edited:
Yes, everything tested on auto and manually activated. Even with a complete new bios flash on stock settings and with a new Windows Install, there is no package C-State. At this point I also tested another Mainboard. Maybe there is a flaw in the CPU or it's a softwareproblem with HWinfo.
C6 Core States work properly, 8 Cores have around 90% C6 with light loads. The 4 other cores get a bit less.

Yes, I even used a new installation for my tests, where everything was unchanged in the config.

This might be a due to a marginal issue in HWiNFO. I will try to fix this in the next Beta build.

Thank you, meanwhile I discussed this issue with MSI and tried a Mod BIOS, no success. Hope you get it solved.

It works, big thanks to you. Can you tell me what is the difference of my system in comparison to others, that HWinfo was not able to pick it up?

This was an internal issue in how HWiNFO was reading the Package C6 value. Quite difficult to explain, but nothing you should worry about in terms of difference.

Back