PCI/PCIe Bus Errors

I use HWiNFO to monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures. I had everything hidden but a few temperatures.

Today I launched HWiNFO and it had a new entry that I never saw before "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors". All of the numbers under Current/Minimum/Maximum were just dashes "-".

I went into settings and then layout and then hid "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors". I then got concerned and re-added and now it's showing numbers for PCI/PCIe Bus Errors (See attached.)

What does this mean? Should I be concerned?

-----

EDIT: I rebooted and restarted HWiNFO and the "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors" entry doesn't even exist. I added "Total Errors" which showed the counts before and it is all stable at 0. So I guess everything is OK then? Maybe just some glitch that got fixed when I rebooted?

Attachments

• 2021.03.30.HWiNFO.PCI.Bus.Errors.jpg
    2021.03.30.HWiNFO.PCI.Bus.Errors.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
It's a WHEA error (see the heading). Yes, you should be concerned. Similar errors should be logged in Event Viewer.

It's a WHEA error (see the heading). Yes, you should be concerned. Similar errors should be logged in Event Viewer.
Thanks for the reply Martin. I was editing my post as you replied.

I had added:

"EDIT: I rebooted and restarted HWiNFO and the "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors" entry doesn't even exist. I added "Total Errors" which showed the counts before and it is all stable at 0. So I guess everything is OK then? Maybe just some glitch that got fixed when I rebooted?"

What do you think? In the mean time I'll go check Event Viewer. Thanks again.

I think I found it in Event Viewer with "Source: WHEA Logger". (See first attachment.) Most of them occurred within the last hour and all of them within the last 24 hours and none in the last seven days. So they've all been since I booted up this morning.

It called it a "Corrected Hardware Error" on component "PCI Express Root Port". (See second attachment.)

Anyway, it doesn't appear to be occurring since I rebooted. Should I still be concerned and if so how can I diagnose it further?

Attachments

• 2021.03.30.Event.Viewer.WHEA.Logger.jpg
    2021.03.30.Event.Viewer.WHEA.Logger.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2021.03.30.Event.Viewer.Summary.General.jpg
    2021.03.30.Event.Viewer.Summary.General.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 35
Maybe it was just a temporary glitch. You should keep watching this and if they appear again then try to diagnose deeper.

I use HWiNFO to monitor my CPU and GPU temperatures. I had everything hidden but a few temperatures.

Today I launched HWiNFO and it had a new entry that I never saw before "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors". All of the numbers under Current/Minimum/Maximum were just dashes "-".

I went into settings and then layout and then hid "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors". I then got concerned and re-added and now it's showing numbers for PCI/PCIe Bus Errors (See attached.)

What does this mean? Should I be concerned?

-----

EDIT: I rebooted and restarted HWiNFO and the "PCI/PCIe Bus Errors" entry doesn't even exist. I added "Total Errors" which showed the counts before and it is all stable at 0. So I guess everything is OK then? Maybe just some glitch that got fixed when I rebooted?
What CPU is this?

Back