Remote monitoring question

nmdelrio

I have 3 PCs. I intend to monitor 2 PCs (specifically AiO pump and fan rpm and coolant temperature, CPU temperature, drve S.M.A.R.T. info) using HWInfo and Rainmeter.

PC #1 - the PC to be used to monitor the other 2 PCs.

PC#1 - has 9 SSDs/HDDs (5 connected to the onboard SATA and 4 to an add-on SATA board).
PC#2 - has 2 SSDs
PC#3 - has 2 SSDs & 1 HDD

However, after connecting PC#1 to PC#2 and PC#3, I found that some SSD/HDD share the same SSD/HDD Instance numbers for the 3 PCs. Instances 0x9, 0xa are shared across the PCs. Is this normal?

PC#1
Onboard
SATA1 SSD 0x0
SATA2 HDD 0x1
SATA3 HDD 0x2
SATA4 HDD 0x3
SATA5 HDD 0x4
SATA6 Normally empty, used for hot-swap drive
Add-on card
SATA1 HDD 0x5
SATA2 HDD 0x6
SATA3 HDD 0x7
SATA4 HDD 0x8
PCIe M.2
M.2_1 NVME SSD 0x9
M.1_2 NVME SSD 0xa
M.2_3 Empty

PC#2
SATA1 SSD 0xa
SATA2 SSD 0xb
SATA3 to SATA6 empty

PC#3
Onboard mini-SATA SSD 0xb
SATA1 HDD 0xa
SATA3 SSD 0x9
SATA2, SATA4 to SATA6 empty

I found no other sensors share the same Instance number, only drives.

Is there a way to resolve/work around the conflicting Instance numbers? Or am I doing something wrong?

Not sure what exactly you mean by Instance number but if it's what I believe then these numbers are unique on a given system only.
To get unique IDs across multiple remotely connected system these will have to be combined with the machine/sensor IDs.

Sorry, I meant the Instance ID (? not sure what it's called), attached screenshot from Shared Memory Viewer.

The machine/sensor IDs combine well with HWInfo itself, and I can see the values correctly. Attached screenshot from HWInfo.

Now I am wondering if the issue could be with Shared Memory Viewer?

Attachments

• Instance.PNG
    Instance.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
  • hwinfo-combined-ID.PNG
    hwinfo-combined-ID.PNG
    244.1 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure how Rainmeter addresses the items but it should have all values at its disposal and know that using the Instance number is not sufficient and needs to be combined with other IDs.

Oh yeah, Rainmeter not only use the instance number. It uses a lot more... (attached).

Anyway, thanks. I'll just do away with remote monitoring.

Attachments

• RAIN-HWINFO.PNG
    RAIN-HWINFO.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
Back