Request fan support

werty

Hello, @Martin!

Can you please add support for the fan speeds of my laptop - Asus Rog Strix G513RC? I'm attaching a DSDT table extracted from Aida64, the debug log and report from HWiNFO64 (the three files are combined in single zip).

If you need additional information, please do let me know!

Thank you very much for work and this great utility!

Kind regards,
werty

Attachments

• Asus Rog G513RC.zip
    673.5 KB · Views: 2
This model should already be supported.
Unfortunately the attached Debug File doesn't include the start/detection phase of HWiNFO. Please attach a new one from start.

I have enabled Debug log and ran HWiNFO - not sure if I did it right.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 debug log.zip
    553.1 KB · Views: 1
Hmm, looks like the BIOS doesn't enable access to a certain region which exposes the fan speeds.
Try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version.

Unfortunately I'm running the latest BIOS version which has not been updated since March 2023. I'm probably out of luck.

I have one more idea but not sure if that will work.
For that I will need you to generate a new dump using AIDA64 - Sensor Debug - Super I/O Dump.

I have one more idea but not sure if that will work.
For that I will need you to generate a new dump using AIDA64 - Sensor Debug - Super I/O Dump.
I'll provide that info once I get home from work. I can also provide the full table from Aida64 ACPI.

Please try this build and let me know the result: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_769_5333.zip
A new Debug File from this build might be needed.
Wow I thought this wouldn't be possible. The fans are showing in HWiNFO and the app shows properly the scaling of the fans. There are only minor differences with G-Helper e.g. G-Helper shows 2200 RPM while HWiNFO 2220 RPM. But this is not a big deal. The app shows also correctly when the fan is at 0 RPM.

I'm attaching a debug log if you need to see sth. and also of screenshot of the fans.

Thanks again for your help and work you do!

All the best,
werty

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 debug.zip
    547.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Asus G513RC fans.png
    Asus G513RC fans.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for the feedback. I think that other software rounds-up the fan speeds to hundreds.

Wow I thought this wouldn't be possible. The fans are showing in HWiNFO and the app shows properly the scaling of the fans. There are only minor differences with G-Helper e.g. G-Helper shows 2200 RPM while HWiNFO 2220 RPM. But this is not a big deal. The app shows also correctly when the fan is at 0 RPM.

Yes, Ghelper rounds fan speeds to the nearest hundred, as Martin says.

If you didn't know, you can remove the thousands separator from the sensor to have a whole number in Hwinfo. ;)

Capture d'écran 2024-01-17 202755 copie.png

Back