RM750i - "PSU Power (Sum)"

xPETEZx

I am running a Corsair RM750i PSU, which reports many values to iCue over USB.

HWinfo manages to read these values and more too, which is awesome!

However on 2 of the values iCue and HWInfo do not show the same, and those are:

PSU Power(sum)
PSU Power

I presume that these are supposed to match up to iCues values of "Power IN" and "Power OUT" ? But I am not sure.

Either way, both the HWInfo values always read about 10-20W lower than "Power OUT". (Neither is ever close to the Power IN value)

To try work out which value is correct, I connected a watt-o-meter before the PSU, and the values seem to correlate. (watt-o-meter and iCue "Power IN")

I asked on the Corsair forum if iCue is calculating the Power IN and Power OUT values, rather than reading raw data from the PSU, but didnt really get an answer. Other than to suggest running both software at the same time will interfere with the values :| (Not that I have seen.)

Yes, Corsair software calculates the Power IN value and measures the OUT ones for RMi PSUs. The "PSU Efficiency" value is the ratio between total OUT/IN powers.
But honestly, no one exactly knows how accurate the power measurements by Corsair are.
The "PSU Power (sum)" value reported by HWiNFO is the sum of all OUT power rails, while the "PSU Power" value is the internally calculated power.

Yes, Corsair software calculates the Power IN value and measures the OUT ones for RMi PSUs. The "PSU Efficiency" value is the ratio between total OUT/IN powers.
But honestly, no one exactly knows how accurate the power measurements by Corsair are.
The "PSU Power (sum)" value reported by HWiNFO is the sum of all OUT power rails, while the "PSU Power" value is the internally calculated power.

Comparing it to the watt-o-meter it was 'close enough'. Not number perfect, but then Im sure my cheap meter isnt either.

Which value would you say is more accurate the Power (sum) or "PSU Power" ?

I don't have an insight into Corsair internals, so can't recommend. If you have a watt-o-meter then it's easy to check which is closest under high load and idle too.
If you're intending to measure the Power IN (which isn't shown by HWiNFO), then it should match the GPU Power (sum or other) / Efficiency [%].

Back