RTX 4070 Super OC "Performance Limit - Power" value is inverted

The "Performance Limit - Power" value is showing "Yes" when it should be showing "No", and vice versa. To test: running a 3D application (FurMark) will flip the value to "No", and it returns to "Yes" when the GPU returns to normal idling.

All other "GPU Performance Limiters" value are apparently working as intended.

GPU model is the ASUS DUAL RTX 4070 SUPER OC. Let me know if you need more info.

Screenshot below shows values when GPU is idling on the desktop:

NJHVJFc[1].png

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
This value is reported by the GPU driver, so try to upgrade them if that will fix it.

I'm a little confused... So, the "Yes/No" values aren't boolean? They are actual 1/0 values (just shown as yes and no)? Shouldn't "Multiply: -1" be set instead?
Just trying to figure out how HWiNFO processes its data points, because setting "Add: -1" doesn't really help - it's still a mess. And "Multiply: -1" doesn't affect the Yes/No value shown, even though it changes the baseline in a graph if you have the window open...

On the desktop the value is Yes. Starting FurMark GUI (with no rendering) it still shows Yes. Running FurMark with benchmark rendering it shows Yes. But when stopping the FurMark rendering it quickly goes to No, and then a second later is back to Yes.

And while I'm writing this email, I can see the value flips a few times again randomly (GPU is idle). Either HWiNFO is misinterpreting this data point, or it is now perhaps used for something different.

Alright, I've had a look at some of the other "GPU Performance Limiters", and they all seem to have the same weird broken behaviour.

For example "Performance Limiters - Utilization":

* When GPU is idle it is shown as NO
* Running FurMark with rendering shows it as NO (FurMark shows maxed out 100% GPU usage... same as shown by other GPU monitoring software)
* At the same time if I click the desktop to defocus FurMark (while rendering is running) the GPU usage drops to ~35%, and now value shows YES. It will remain as YES as long as the FurMark window is not in focus.
* If I click the FurMark window to focus it, the GPU usage goes back to 100% and value now shows NO
* Quitting FurMark shows value as NO

So... hmmm what's going on here? This is very frustrating tbh

Example graphs from clicking back and forth between desktop and FurMark wile GPU usage is at 100%...
t7hbeuM.png

Back