Ryzen 3 2200G VEGA 8 Gpu usage 0%

ligedo

New Member
It shows the GPU usage as 0% with and without AMD option thing in the settings. The motherboard is Gigabyte b450m s2h
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This is unfortunately a limitation of those GPUs. Raven-based GPUs (APUs) are unable to report GPU usage, the only semi-reliable usage value is the GPU D3D Usage.
 

Vulpine05

Member
Martin said:
This is unfortunately a limitation of those GPUs. Raven-based GPUs (APUs) are unable to report GPU usage, the only semi-reliable usage value is the GPU D3D Usage.
Martin, respectfully, that is not true.  I have been running a 2200G since December, and I was able to see various computing percentages.  I don't recall every item that was available, but I know for sure I could view compute 0, compute 1, and a few other percentages and other items.  This seemed to happen after installing Radeon 19.6.1, and is happening even after I just installed 19.7.2.

Any ideas?  Enclosed is a debug report.  Sorry for not reporting this earlier, its been going on for a month or two.
 

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Sorry for not being clear too. There are two kinds of usages reported by HWiNFO - an internal usage value called "GPU Utilization" and other various performance usage counters including Video Encode/Decode and Computing values.
The first internal value cannot be reported on Raven series, the latter ones depend on drivers. I have analyzed the debug file you provided and GPU drivers in this case don't provide any performance counters. So it looks like a bug in latest driver versions. Are you able to see GPU usage in Task Manager for the Vega?
 

Vulpine05

Member
Martin said:
Sorry for not being clear too. There are two kinds of usages reported by HWiNFO - an internal usage value called "GPU Utilization" and other various performance usage counters including Video Encode/Decode and Computing values.
The first internal value cannot be reported on Raven series, the latter ones depend on drivers. I have analyzed the debug file you provided and GPU drivers in this case don't provide any performance counters. So it looks like a bug in latest driver versions. Are you able to see GPU usage in Task Manager for the Vega?
Ok, I understand now, or at least I understand there is a difference.  Yes, I can see GPU usage in Task Manager.  I'm mostly using the computer for Boinc, so it is one of the computer usages as opposed to encode/decode, etc.  Let me know if you need more information.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
What various GPU usages do you see in Task Manager? HWiNFO should be able to provide the same values, but it wasn't able to find any of them there.
 

Vulpine05

Member
Martin said:
What various GPU usages do you see in Task Manager? HWiNFO should be able to provide the same values, but it wasn't able to find any of them there.
See the enclosed picture, there's the list of them.  Yeah, I think shared memory was in HWinfo before, I wish I had a screen shot of what was available before.

I can try rolling back drivers if you need me to, but that will have to be another night.
 

Attachments

Vulpine05

Member
Martin said:
No, please keep it as is, I want to track down this issue.
Please run this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_609_3856.zip
and send me a new Debug File made with that build for analysis. That should provide me more information about the issue.
Ok, I copied the exe and ini file into the HWinfo folder (I edited the file names of the old versions for backup), ran HWinfo, and the same information under Vega 8 displayed.  Enclosed is the associated debug file.  Let me know if you need anything else.
 

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Thanks. This finally provided me the required information. This system is behaving quite strange in terms of reporting of performance counters, never seen such thing yet.
But I will add a workaround for this.
Please try this build and let me know the result, I believe it should work now: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_609_3858.zip
 

Vulpine05

Member
That seemed to do it, thank you!  I have attached the latest debug report in case it is of any value.

After I verified that the last beta of HWinfo you shared worked, I went ahead and updated the Radeon drivers to 19.7.3 (which was released today).  All the usage percentages are still available.  I've included that debug file as well.  Thanks again for fixing this!
 

Attachments

Top