Scan at windows start

DiceThem

First of all I would like to complement on the HWiNFO software, it is amazing as freeware and does what it is suppose to do (most of the time).

I was wondering if somehow you could change the setting of HWiNFO64 so that it doesnt have to perform a scan (showing on the desktop) when starting it.
I have configured the task scheduler to start it everytime i logon, but i prefer not to have the scan (when HWinfo starts) everytime in sight. (it now starts everytime i log in on windows)
Is there a way to make HWiNFO remember the layout of the system so that it doesnt have to perform this scan all the time?

Or can the scan be hidden so that i wont be bothered with it everytime I start windows?

(im sorry if this is a repost, i couldnt find it using search and going over FAQ)

No, it is not possible not to show the scan progress during startup. This is intentional.
The other idea - not to perform a full scan everytime HWiNFO starts when it's running on the same machine without hardware change is an interesting idea. I'll think about it, but it will be a bit more difficult to implement it and it might cause issues in case there occurs a hardware change in such mode..

Martin said:
No, it is not possible not to show the scan progress during startup. This is intentional.
The other idea - not to perform a full scan everytime HWiNFO starts when it's running on the same machine without hardware change is an interesting idea. I'll think about it, but it will be a bit more difficult to implement it and it might cause issues in case there occurs a hardware change in such mode..

Alright, thanks for the quick reply. Okay, sure you don't want to make it as an extra option button to hide the scan? :p

Again, great work so far. I prefer this over MSI afterburner, it gives me blue screens even though it came with the videocard :)

Back