Scan interval

SoCalDJ

Is it possible to have you lower the minimum scan interval? Is 1ms possible?

Also I noticed that when the scan interval is increased it drastically increased the CPU usage. Jumping from 5% for default to 15% for 100ms (Minimum allowed). HWMonitor uses only .7% cpu and polls much faster. Is there a reason it uses so much CPU? Can you lower it's resource demand?

I'd love to use this to replace speedfan and a few other plugins for rainmeter, but if it uses that much CPU it's just not viable.

There should not be such a high load normally. It might depend on certain types of sensors, which might take longer to read. Usually EC-type of sensors (like ASUS EC) or SMART might cause such issues. Disabling them should improve it. On one of your previous screenshots I see that you have a mainboard with an ASUS EC sensor. I believe this one is the cause of higher load. When you first launched HWiNFO, it displayed a warning about this sensor and offered to disable it. You probably overlooked that warning, but you can disable it anytime by right-click and Disable Monitoring.
It doesn't make much sense to use an interval of <1 ms, since a read cycle usually takes longer. But this depends on sensor types present.

Martin said:
There should not be such a high load normally. It might depend on certain types of sensors, which might take longer to read. Usually EC-type of sensors (like ASUS EC) or SMART might cause such issues. Disabling them should improve it. On one of your previous screenshots I see that you have a mainboard with an ASUS EC sensor. I believe this one is the cause of higher load. When you first launched HWiNFO, it displayed a warning about this sensor and offered to disable it. You probably overlooked that warning, but you can disable it anytime by right-click and Disable Monitoring.
It doesn't make much sense to use an interval of <1 ms, since a read cycle usually takes longer. But this depends on sensor types present.

That did it! You're right. I just assumed that I wanted ALL sensor readings. I just reset my preferences and that dropped my CPU usage back to normal!

The only reason I asked for a lower interval is because I'm using a realtime bar meter in Rainmeter to show the current CPU load and being able to see the temp/load quickly is nice!

Back