Sensors stop updating while running Cinebench R23

chrisz5z

A couple seconds after i start the benchmark in R23, the sensors in HWiNFO stop updating and do not start updating again until the benchmark is over. This started happening ever since I did a clean install of Windows 11 a couple weeks ago. I've tried different polling rates, made no difference.

Anyone had this issue with HWiNFO or know what it could be?

This is normal behavior in a multi-tasking operating system. When one task runs very high load, others might not get sufficient time. This can be solved by increasing priority of HWiNFO in Task Manager.

This is normal behavior in a multi-tasking operating system. When one task runs very high load, others might not get sufficient time. This can be solved by increasing priority of HWiNFO in Task Manager.

I tried increasing the priority of HWiNFO but it didn't help.

On my previous Windows installation the sensors would continously update during the benchmark with HWiNFO set to Normal priority.

Maybe some of the sensors is blocking, try to disable monitoring of EC, DIMM or SMART sensors.

Maybe some of the sensors is blocking, try to disable monitoring of EC, DIMM or SMART sensors.

Just tried this....it partially works. Sometimes during benchmark runs sensors will freeze like before, other times the sensors will intermittently/randomly update during a benchmark runs, and in rare cases the sensors will update as they are supposed to at the specified polling rate. I originally had EC already disabled.

Back