Shared Memory Support

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
HWiNFO32/64 (starting with v3.83) includes support of Shared Memory for publishing all sensor information to 3rd party tools/applications.
The specification of the shared memory format is available to developers of plug-ins and applications interested in interfacing with HWiNFO32/64 rich sensor capabilities under the following conditions:
- The resulting application must be made publicly available as unconditional freeware without advertising or other monetization options.
- Open-source applications must not release the shared memory information (specification, source code). The interfacing part must be kept in binary form (closed source).
- The application must be developed for public usage purposes. This means it should be useful for other users and not just designed for one personal project/system.
- The developer should provide support for the application, either on this forum or via other means.

If interested, please contact me via e-mail.

This forum will also be updated with 3rd party solutions interfacing with HWiNFO32/64 sensors.
 

EDE

New Member
Hi,

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me

I want to develop a plugin for Samurize. Could I please have the offered info? Of course I will publish the result as freeware.


thank you
EDE
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Thanks for your interest. Please contact me per e-mail and we will discuss further details.

EDE said:
Hi,

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me

I want to develop a plugin for Samurize. Could I please have the offered info? Of course I will publish the result as freeware.


thank you
EDE
 
Hi,

What about that Samurize plugin, EDE? I'm also very interested in it.

BTW, great software you have here, Martin. A lot of built-in features that, otherwise, would need a bunch of applications (CPU-Z for CPU info, GPU-Z for GPU info, Aida/Everest for system general info, HWMonitor for system monitor, etc). Probably the best and most complete hardware info+monitor tool out there.
 

EDE

New Member
i have little time to time, at may can i do that.
The Shared Memory read is finish, and the first step to Samurize plugin.

have fun
EDE
 

AaronMBuhr

New Member
I'd like to be able to see sensor information while i'm full-screen gaming, and i don't have (or really want to buy) a Logitech keyboard with lcd... i'm thinking of writing an interface that acts like a mini-web-server to access HWINFO sensor data. Then I can use the web browser on my tablet or phone or whatever as a real-time sensor display.

How do I find out more about getting access to the sensor data, shared memory or otherwise? Thanks!

Aaron

P.S. I am certainly willing to provide my efforts as open-source freeware. :) I'm not interested in making a HUGE project of this but I would be happy to share my efforts with others.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
That's an interesting idea. Please contact me via e-mail and we can discuss this further.

Btw, currently you can use the RivaTuner/MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precision Statistics Sever for displaying any HWiNFO sensor information while full screen gaming.
 

Vomit

Member
RE: Shared Memory Support
I'd like to be able to see sensor information while i'm full-screen gaming, and i don't have (or really want to buy) a Logitech keyboard with lcd... i'm thinking of writing an interface that acts like a mini-web-server to access HWINFO sensor data. Then I can use the web browser on my tablet or phone or whatever as a real-time sensor display.

How do I find out more about getting access to the sensor data, shared memory or otherwise? Thanks!

Aaron

P.S. I am certainly willing to provide my efforts as open-source freeware. Smile I'm not interested in making a HUGE project of this but I would be happy to share my efforts with others.


That is the sort of thing i used to use, it was done through windows sideshow, very good, effective and reliable.
Only down side is the need for compatible hardware. I an no longer use that due to a recent rebuild of my rig. I'm not clever enough to programme software, but would be a willing beta tester and possibly help with some skinning.
 

dreamer81

New Member
I wish to develop a 3rd party application that will run as a service on the users computer. The service will hook into HWINFO and gather data at a configurable interval. The data will be stored in an RRDTOOL format

see http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/gallery/index.en.html

The data will then be served to the user through a webserver.. either IIS/apache/standalone (jetty).

I will publish this as freeware.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
dreamer81 said:
I wish to develop a 3rd party application that will run as a service on the users computer. The service will hook into HWINFO and gather data at a configurable interval. The data will be stored in an RRDTOOL format

see http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/gallery/index.en.html

The data will then be served to the user through a webserver.. either IIS/apache/standalone (jetty).

I will publish this as freeware.
I have replied to you via e-mail.
 

Ganesh_AT

Member
Martin,

I would like to get information on how to access the shared memory of HWInfo. Currently, I am trying to use the web server project [ http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HwInfo-Web-Server-beta-testing ] , but without the source, it is difficult to adapt it for my needs. My application will be very similar to the web server project -- provide RESTful access to the sensor values provided by HWInfo.

I have already created a similar project with GPU-Z's shared memory using the code base from this thread: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/gpu-z-shared-memory-c-wrapper.164080/

Thanks!
Ganesh
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Ganesh_AT said:
Martin,

I would like to get information on how to access the shared memory of HWInfo. Currently, I am trying to use the web server project [ http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HwInfo-Web-Server-beta-testing ] , but without the source, it is difficult to adapt it for my needs. My application will be very similar to the web server project -- provide RESTful access to the sensor values provided by HWInfo.

I have already created a similar project with GPU-Z's shared memory using the code base from this thread: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/gpu-z-shared-memory-c-wrapper.164080/

Thanks!
Ganesh
Thanks, please contact me via e-mail for further details.
 

El-Skunk

New Member
Hi. Thanks for the great tool here Martin. I would like info the shared memory. I'm looking to export from this shared memory information about CPU/GPU temps to an Arduino with an LCD screen that is mounted in my computer.

Happy to open source all my code via Github.
 

VNGXR

New Member
First of all I'd like to thank you for such a great software. I'm interested in making of remote monitoring iOS app, and wondering if you could provide some information about built-in remote monitoring protocol (Not Shared Memory)
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
VNGXR said:
First of all I'd like to thank you for such a great software. I'm interested in making of remote monitoring iOS app, and wondering if you could provide some information about built-in remote monitoring protocol (Not Shared Memory)
Please contact me directly via e-mail, which you can find in the program or on the homepage.
 

ThreepE0

New Member
Hi, 

I'd like to be able to access temps via php script or via powershell, or via REST request... I've been doing this with open hardware monitor for a while, but it's proven unreliable (sometimes CPU temp just doesn't show on some machines.)  HWInfo seems like a better tool anyhow, but I do miss the built-in http server.  Is this available, or would I need to write my own abstraction layer for that?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Top