Showing Remote Values in HWINFO Monitor

Homer

Hello everybody,

I'm using HWINFO for some time now in combination with the HWINFO Monitor extension and really like it.

Now I setup a dedicated server for Space Engineers at home on a seperate PC which is also running HWINFO. I also can connect the dedicated server to my main HWINFO so that i can see it's values in the normal HWINFO Sensor. But unfortunatly I can't show these values in the HWINFOMonitor Gadget.

Did I miss the option or isn't it possible at all?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Regards

The current version of HWINFOMonitor doesn't support remote sensors yet, but the latest Rainmeter plugin already does.
We will have to wait for a response from the plug-in author (stangowner) if we can expect such an update to HWINFOMonitor.

I plan on adding this capability.  However, it will still be several weeks before I will have something ready.  I'll update this post when it is done.

Thanks,
Nick

Hello Nick,

that sounds great, but I also started playing around with Rainmeter yesterday. But also there im not able to connect to the Remote machine. I'll open up a thread in the Rainmeter Area.

Regards

stangowner said:
I plan on adding this capability.  However, it will still be several weeks before I will have something ready.  I'll update this post when it is done.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Did you ever implement this?

No, I had started it, and never finished. With MS removing support from windows 7, and killing it entirely for windows 8 & 10, it seems most users have moved to Rainmeter which is much more flexible and powerful anyways. Just in this thread, it took almost 2 years before someone asked again ;-). Have you tried Rainmeter?

Martin, do you have any indication (web server stats) on how many people download the gadget anymore? I suspect <1% of those actually would monitor a remote system too.

The ratio of Rainmeter plugin : HWiNFOMonitor downloads is about 2 : 1. So not such a big difference.

OK, thank you.

I'll have to go back and look where I left off.  I think I had the change to support it OK (C++ helper done), but what I did not have is the "upgrade" procedure so the old format would be recognized as the new format (gadget not done).  Otherwise, users would have to reconfigure all their preferences again........ugh.

Back