Strange temperatures Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

Szaft

Hello I've got problem in case motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H temperatures. I've noticed on hwinfo 64 4.40 strange max motherboard temperatures. Is it only bug or i have demaged motherboard. All games are stable. I enclose screenshot. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• temperature.jpg
    temperature.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 21
Martin said:
I believe those reading are not valid and should be ignored.

Thanks for answer. One more what you think about 12v
voltage? Ihave bequite l8 600w purepower

I haven't raport from the same moment, however on easytune usually I have voltage between 12.320 and 11.750.

Szaft said:
Hello I've got problem in case motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H temperatures. I've noticed on hwinfo 64 4.40 strange max motherboard temperatures. Is it only bug or i have demaged motherboard. All games are stable. I enclose screenshot. Thanks for your help.

What CPU are you running? If that's a Haswell with a stock cooler its looks normal range to me. I'm running a Cooler Master Hyper 212, the CPU runs at stock overclock load around 48 to 52 Celsius.

:blush: Oh I see the temp 5 yeah that's got to be a misread.

Yeah that V 12 looks a little high to me, are you tweaking the bios settings? If not maybe you should. I've brought the most of my top voltage ranges down in the BIOS. Stable as a rock.

Szaft said:
Martin said:
I believe those reading are not valid and should be ignored.

Thanks for answer. One more what you think about 12v
voltage? Ihave bequite l8 600w purepower

The values shown in HWiNFO for the 12V rail, up to 13.824V, looks like an example of a non-Haswell compliant power supply.

The problem with Haswell systems is the CPU power, which is on the 12V rail, if the load on the power supply 12V rail is to low, it causes the 12V rail voltage to increase above its normal regulated level. The older PSUs were not designed to have almost no power (Watts) draw on a voltage rail, and can't maintain their regulation. A PSU with good over voltage protection (OVP) circuitry will shut the PSU off when that happens.

Your PSU either has that over voltage set very high (14V?) or the reading is off, or only happens for such a short time the PSU does not shut off.

Back