Temperature problems

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This depends on the mainboard you have. Which one is it, the ASUS MAXIMUS VI ?
Those Temp2/5 values might come from the VR, or from a not connected sensor input (and thus provide an invalid value).
 

theonlyoneever

New Member
ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

I was thinking that. I just got a bit worried.
[hr]
Is it probably just a sensor? Still slightly worried :(
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This is hard to say exactly. The sensor chip (Nuvoton) has several temperature inputs and only the mainboard manufacturer knows exactly which of them are utilized and for which sources. Unfortunately they (ASUS) won't tell this. AFAIK on these models, ASUS reports only CPU and Mainboard temperature values and ignores the others.

While checking your issue, I found a bug in HWiNFO in reporting of sensor values for the MAXIMUS VI. I'll fix this in the next build released, however those Temp2/5 values will stay as they are now (voltage values will be fixed especially).
 

theonlyoneever

New Member
Martin said:
AFAIK on these models, ASUS reports only CPU and Mainboard temperature values and ignores the others.
So it doesn't seem like I should be worrying?

RealTemp reports the cores are in the 30's, says it's 70 to TJ max
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
You don't need to worry. Even in those higher temps would be the VR, 70 C is still pretty OK for them.
 

SoCalDJ

Member
Martin said:
This is hard to say exactly. The sensor chip (Nuvoton) has several temperature inputs and only the mainboard manufacturer knows exactly which of them are utilized and for which sources. Unfortunately they (ASUS) won't tell this. AFAIK on these models, ASUS reports only CPU and Mainboard temperature values and ignores the others.

While checking your issue, I found a bug in HWiNFO in reporting of sensor values for the MAXIMUS VI. I'll fix this in the next build released, however those Temp2/5 values will stay as they are now (voltage values will be fixed especially).
Were you ever able to resolve what these temps are from? I've in the process now of trying to find out myself! I just put a water block on the Mosfet (EK block for the Maximus Hero VI) and I'm trying to determine ti's effectiveness!

Here is where my temps sit.


I'm assuming that since one of them is in the 30s and is similar to the rest of that loop then it's safe to bet that is the Mosfet temp that is being watercooled.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
No, I don't know what they mean. ASUS won't tell that and I don't have schematics of that mainboard...
But please let me know in case you find that out ;)
 

SoCalDJ

Member
Martin said:
No, I don't know what they mean. ASUS won't tell that and I don't have schematics of that mainboard...
But please let me know in case you find that out ;)
Will do. I've requested the info. I'm about to call them about it lol!
 
Top