Total system freeze when scanning system.

ddphoto90

Hello,

very randomly and infrequently, but often enough to bother me, my system completely freezes when scanning my system at analyzing PCI bus. The last time was a little over a month ago. After a bit of research on the forum I still can't figure this out. Happened to me about 10 mins ago. Attached is the debug file from that time. I just loaded the program again without debug mode on and it loaded fine, perfect example of the rareness of the issue.

System specs:
Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 mainboard
AMD 5900X
32GB Corsair Vengence Pro 3200 CL14
Nvidia RTX 3080

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    163.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply, Martin.

I realized there was a new version and updated before I turned my system off for the night.

I’ll keep you updated on what happens, might take a few weeks.

Thank you again and happy holidays!

Try to upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version, it might fix this problem.
Hello Martin, Happy New Year. Sorry for catching you on a holiday again. Did not expect another issue this soon.

Just had a total system freeze again this time while analyzing SMBIOS DMI right after PCI Bus. Possibly a BIOS issue? I'm on an older BIOS version from December of 2021 when I built the system and its been stable in every other aspect. Interestingly enough it's still not every single time I load HWinfo, It's very random.

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpg
    IMG_8283.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 4
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    162.4 KB · Views: 2
Happy New Year!
Try to first upgrade the BIOS, I see you have a quite old version from 2021.
If that won't fix it, locate the HWiNFO64.INI file in the HWiNFO64 folder. Open it in a text editor and add the following at the end of the file:

Took a few weeks but I just got a system hang again on the newest BIOS that's not a beta version. Was at the same point of the system analysis on startup SMBIOS.

I have not added the LPC2=0 to the .INI file yet but I will be trying that now. Attached is the current debug file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    164.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's still the same freeze as before. Let me know if adding that option will help.

Back